PDA

View Full Version : redtop nova help please.

Cooperman69
24-03-07, 10:22 PM
hey guys. just wondered if anyone could help me here. i'm putting a redtop into my gsi nova and come across a few problems. i have got the chris astley conversion kit and i find no problem with but i took engine out of cavvy lastnyt to swap mounts over and such. and first it has power steering pump on it and wondered wots the process of getting it to fit into nova engine bay as i took the engine mount off and was in the process of swapping my new mount over but it never lined up with the holes on the block but then removed the power steering pumpand alligned with that so do i leave the pump off and get an alternater belt to fit without pump?next thing is that i have got the new driveshaft blank and hubs, when i removed the driveshafts out of the cavvy it is a blank shaft that goes into the gearbox where normally the cv goes into and halfway down the shaft is a bearing and mount with then a cv joint wit a short shaft gong to the cvjoint and hub/wheel do i remove just the outer cv joint and fit to nova hub? minus the bearing and other cv for the o/s? i have got the guide from topbuzz but never sais anything about these things. any help would be much apreciated thanks very much:thumb: