PDA

View Full Version : Seats!

bola
24-03-07, 09:25 PM
Is the passenger front seat the same as the drivers side front seat? If not would it be if i swapped the subframes over? :wtf:

liam_ere
24-03-07, 09:43 PM
are you talking about a 3 door or 5 door because if its a 3 door the seats will not be to be changed over because of the folding relese thingy i dont know what its called

bola
24-03-07, 10:49 PM
Im talking about a 3 door

liam_ere
24-03-07, 11:32 PM
are they bucket seats or standard ones?

dannyb
25-03-07, 03:02 AM
What is the situation that makes you want to do this? Is there something wrong with the drivers sub frame, or do you want to swap seatbacks over so the drivers one doesn't have bolster wear on it?

bola
25-03-07, 05:36 PM
was thinking of using 2 passenger front SRi seats instead of drivers & passenger as there are more mint passenger seats about

big gra
26-03-07, 09:40 AM
im pretty sure the subframes are different, the front bolts down but the back 1 side bolts down and the other slots into the sliding rail!

dannyb
26-03-07, 03:46 PM
I just swapped the back over from a passenger seat onto my drivers side subframe+cushion to giver me a mint bolster wear free seat. You have to undo the plastic triangle bits on either side (behind the seat recliner), there are some plastic pins which pop out if hit with a small drift/nail which need to go to access the hinge piece. IIRC, the back bit will come off if you splay the two hinge points either side. Only problem is accessing the recliner (that sets the angle of the seat) and the lever which allows the seat to fold forward is on the wrong side! Take your spare to bits though and you'll see what an easy job it is.