PDA

View Full Version : my brakes dont work!!

milfhunter
24-03-07, 05:33 PM
right here the problem....

when i press the brake pedal the revs drops and it stalls the engine.

any idea's??Cheers Dougie

im talkin bout my nova and not the astra

Adam
24-03-07, 05:43 PM
Is it a carb engine?
Turn the idle up.

When you press the brake it uses inlet manifold vacuum so the revs will drop slightly.

milfhunter
26-03-07, 12:14 PM
yes its carb. i know the revs drop slightly due to the vacuum but the engine stoppin?? something not quite right there.
its either a new vacuum hose or master cylinder, im guessin.

SRI crazy
26-03-07, 11:22 PM
you mite hav an air leak, check the pipe going from the inlet manuifold to the brake servo and see if thats split

london_chris
26-03-07, 11:34 PM
you could try putting the clutch down when you brake lol

big gra
27-03-07, 12:01 AM
at the end of the day its a nova, what more do you expect!

NovaKen
27-03-07, 11:04 AM
at the end of the day its a nova, what more do you expect!

??

big gra
28-03-07, 12:45 PM
dont expect perfect brakes all the time unless you upgrade!

milfhunter
28-03-07, 01:03 PM
the brakes are certainly not perfect chief but i know when there's a problem. stationary position, i apply the brakes and the engine revs dip dramatically and if kept pressed the engines stalls, release the pedal the revs pick up again.<P>

im no Mr Ford but i think theres a problem.

Welsh Dan
28-03-07, 03:57 PM
I think its an air leak in the servo.

milfhunter
28-03-07, 06:32 PM
I think its an air leak in the servo.
i think your right. changed the hose over this afternoon and its doin the same thing so this weekend im changing the servo and maybe the master cylinder.i can hear it sucking in air in the passengers footwell so its got to be the servo!! magic.cheers for your help

SRlew
28-03-07, 10:02 PM
tbh i can hear it from the passenger footwell a bit aswell, and iv fitted a new servo and is still like it. but mine doesnt cut out like yours

Welsh Dan
28-03-07, 10:24 PM
I had a problem with the seal between the Servo and the Vaccuum Hose, I could hear that from the passenger footwell. I replaced the hose aswell just to be sure and it went away.