PDA

View Full Version : nova turbo info

Anonymous
23-11-01, 08:13 PM
ok, im am planning to do a 2ltr turbo conversion pretty soon and am looking for any information that ppl can give me about the conversion. ive heard that the turbo ducting has to be rerouted plus a few other things aswell but dont know what to believe so any help at all here will be a great help. also doea anyone know of any guides for the said conversion ??

cheers

rodgerq

Anonymous
25-11-01, 02:27 PM
same as fitting a valver engine,
some points to note though, you should run the oil cooler, and ideallly make the front panel/landing panel unboltable to make it easier to put in, the airfilter-turbo ducting can be run in the standard position if you trim or bend the front panel to fit,
5 speed box fits straight in, 6 speed does but with work, 1600 radiator should be ok, but have seen 1 running a calibra radiator, maybe run a cool running thermostat,

hth

Anonymous
25-11-01, 05:32 PM
Andy bishop(andyb) is the bloke to speak to, already done his and has loads of wiring diagrams and info so i heard.

Anonymous
26-11-01, 01:48 PM
yeah, wiring diagrams would be good as this is the part i would be most stuck with. it must depend on what model of nova the engine is going in - does it not! what the wiring would be like eg the 1.0ltr wiring will be different from the 1.3sr which is different from the 1.4sr/sri or even the gte / gsi. am i correct in thinking this?? obviously i would not think of putting it in anything less than a gsi or gte shell but its just a thought ! cheers

Anonymous
26-11-01, 03:28 PM
sri?
d?
td?
all have the tougher shell aswell

16v Nova - Toolkit, Trouble, Points and great expence all come as standard :)

e reg shell almost gone!!