PDA

View Full Version : Argh!

coochiSR
22-03-07, 10:40 PM
Just driving to meet a couple of mates about 2 hours ago, went to pull away and it didnt feel right, then it went ping and died. Managaed to coast it down the road and got the bonnet up, pulled the top part of cover away and its stripped teeth off belt :(:(:( So not only do i need to find out why, i also need to cehck all the valves, which means head off again! :(:(:( :mad: Just getting tad annoyed (he says holding foot ;))

Mike
22-03-07, 10:41 PM
doh!

burgo
22-03-07, 10:42 PM
welcome to owning a nova

coochiSR
22-03-07, 10:45 PM
welcome to owning a nova

:thumb:

:cry:

Novadex
22-03-07, 11:12 PM
My mate did that a lil while ago, and he couldn`t understand why i was yelling across the road "STOP TRYING TO ST4RT THE FU**ING THING!", and now he knows.. lol

JSeymour
22-03-07, 11:12 PM
New engine time? gte/gsi lump?

Adam
23-03-07, 12:32 AM
Bad news that, wack a new belt on, it might be fine.
Especially if you were doing low rpm.

Also check the waterpump hasn't seized, that can cause the belt to strip as the crank turns but cant move the pump.

burgo
23-03-07, 12:42 AM
mine was fine when the tensioner fell off and i was at high revs so just try a new belt before taking the head off

coochiSR
23-03-07, 07:36 PM
well the thing is, i stirpped it down today, starting with the cam belt cover and noticed there was no pulley on the water pump, always great news, so i decided to whip the rocker cover off and found out it had snapped all 8 fingers, dropped 1 vavle and fooked some lifters :( so as i was hopefuly gonna pick up a 1300 head soon so i might wack that on with 1400 inlet til i can find an inlet, shouldn't be that long though, rather than keep spending money on the "cursed" thing! An no seymour its new engine time in the summer, aslong as i've got the money.
Thanks for advice though people!