PDA

View Full Version : ashley exhaust fitting

raymond
22-03-07, 08:15 PM
me and a mate tried this tonight fitting a full system to my sri the problem we have come across is the centre section doesnt come down the centre of the car when bolted to the manifold anyone any ideas

Jon_nova1
22-03-07, 08:19 PM
does it do it when the back end is in the place its meant to?

does it rub?

raymond
22-03-07, 08:22 PM
its nowere near mate when its bolted up its a yard out from the centre if i added the rest of the exhaust it would sit at the side of the car

Jon_nova1
22-03-07, 08:25 PM
is it for the right car?

raymond
22-03-07, 08:30 PM
when i ordered it they said sri gsi fit the same when ive put the centre section of the ashley against the centre section of sri the flange seems to tilt up more on the ashley system

do they all fit to the standard manifolds or do you have to use there manifold

or are gsi and sri manifolds different

Adam
22-03-07, 09:15 PM
Sounds like its either a sr system or downpipe

Philsutton
22-03-07, 09:28 PM
agreed its the wrong system for your car, or yuo have the wrong downpipe on. Some to have different angles off the down pipe.

womble sri
22-03-07, 10:05 PM
yep the angle on the flange is different between the gsi and sri iirc
i had a nightmare with my sportex system with it hitting the rear beam or the boot floor i ended up cutting it in half and using one of those exhaust sleeves and now its got a hole in the centre section! its onky a few months old i wonder if i could get a new but as they come with a 2 year warranty. back to topic if you get a manifold to match your system it might solve the problem

Adam
22-03-07, 10:27 PM
Gte,gsi,sri downpipe is the same fitment(angled flange)
Sr is different(straight flange)

benny f gsi,n it
22-03-07, 11:35 PM
yup that is right i had the same problem with my ashley system they sent me the wrong down pipe it was designed to fit a standard manifold which is longer and diffrent angled, so i had to get in contact pay for another down pipe the correct one and im well pleased with it now tho!

raymond
23-03-07, 12:01 PM
my sri downpipe sits striaght and the middle section of the ashley is on an angle so that mean id have to use a gsi downpipe

novabex
23-03-07, 12:02 PM
Flange. Haha.

Adam
23-03-07, 01:57 PM
If the downpipe is straight then it aint a sri downpipe.

Angled end on the system means that its a sri/gsi system.

Fit a gte/gsi downpipe if your sure the system is angled.

raymond
23-03-07, 04:18 PM
yeah its deff angled ive got a ashley four branch sat on the floor but was to lazy to put it on looks like im going to have to now :thumb:

SRI crazy
24-03-07, 12:51 AM
sr, sri, gsi an gte exhaust are all different bt the rest of the novas are all the same, or so i am told lol