PDA

View Full Version : Pierburg Carb 2E3

novapearl
22-03-07, 08:10 PM
Hi all.

The nova is dying:cry: - I need your help. Have stripped and cleaned the carb three times now (Pierburg 2E3). Still it idles rough as a bears **se, stinks of petrol out the exhaust and cuts out.:confused:

Having now half knackered the clutch 'jerking' it back into life in 2nd gear (it cuts out as you are slowing down), have come to the conclusion the carb is at fault. Everyone says that they are always going wrong and to fit a Weber instead.

SO... am thinking of fitting a Weber 32/34 DTML carb. Is it possible? is it difficult? Has anyone already done it? will it improve things? where can i get one from?

Already has had plugs, leads, dizzy cap, rotor, coil, ignition module, 4 tyres, all the exhaust, two callipers, discs, pads, three flexis, water pump, thermostat, cambelt... the list goes on.

I just want to get the damn thing right if you know what i mean. More power/ better driveability always a bonus.

A lot of questions i know but please help.

Email to fgsrule@yahoo.com or post on the board here.

Many thanks

Adam

Oh yeah and now the clutch won't 'clear' when it gets hot - time for a new clutch soon too.....:cry: :cry:

Jon_nova1
22-03-07, 08:14 PM
the carb needs setting up, if its rough and cutting out it could be something related to compression

eoinnova
22-03-07, 09:13 PM
it musent be tuned up rite, choke sticking ?flooding it

dannyb
22-03-07, 09:50 PM
Oh yeah and now the clutch won't 'clear' when it gets hot - time for a new clutch soon too.....:cry: :cry:

Just adjust the clutch cable so it does, remove the C clip, then tighten it up a few turns.