PDA

View Full Version : c20xe prous head or not??

Markyc
22-03-07, 05:49 PM
i found loads of curry/choclate type lookin ****e in my header tank is this a head gasket or is the head porus i flushed the system yesterday and put all new coolant in n i check again today but the stuffs bk!:mad:

There is a coscast head on egay local to me is it worth jst stickin that on if so how much shud i pay??

cheers (a v.v.v. unhappy) mark

gazz
22-03-07, 06:04 PM
yep head gone pourus...
as for coscast head depends whats done to it but i
personally would pay about 150-200 tops..

JSeymour
22-03-07, 06:10 PM
i wouldnt pay over ?100

is you redtop a dizzy or coil pack as the heads are different(or so i have been told)

Markyc
22-03-07, 06:11 PM
any body second that??

Ste L
22-03-07, 06:11 PM
head's are same, cam's are differernt

draper
22-03-07, 06:14 PM
buy a normal head and do the 'oil gallery' mod before it goes back in

JSeymour
Quote:
Originally Posted by joff-turbo-nova
Main differences with the coil pack dizzyless XE vs dizzy XE are :

1 .the castings on the head are slightly different (extra bolt hole for the coil pack - may need to know if you ever change head)

2. the Group N type chips won't work with this engine so if you want a chip upgrade you will need to be very specific on the type of ECU and engine.

3. The cambelt is the later type with an adjustable tensioner.

4. You will find that the end of the exhaust camshaft has a different end and you cannot just fit a dizzy on the end.

All found out from having one of these in my nova - also ensure you get the hall sensor type thing - sits on a metal plate and looks like the pack you get under the coil - new from Vauxhall they are ?100+ !

Cheers

Joff

Markyc
is you redtop a dizzy or coil pack as the heads are different(or so i have been told)

i don't no well he's a piccy

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h6/markyc66/100_0591.jpg

Adam
22-03-07, 06:59 PM
Its a dizzy.
Might not be a porous head, may be headgasket.

Out of interest, where is your engine loom ran? Normally through behind the batt, but it aint on yours, and less wires looks nicer.

Jon_nova1
22-03-07, 08:33 PM
looks like it goes under the wing where theres abit of a gap in the shell behind the windscreen washer bottle thing, i doubt getting the wrong head would make much difference as theres no coil pack to put on?

Will F
23-03-07, 09:11 AM
If there is water in teh oil its h/g if there is oil in header tank its the head..

Look at the dipstick and oil cap... if there is emulsification there, it will be head gasket... But I bet its the head.

Dont worry about it too much though, I drove over 12000 miles on a 'porous' head!

Markyc
23-03-07, 05:19 PM
yes there is oil in the header tank i've bin told as long as i keep an eye on the oil, water n temp gauge i should b alrite i can't get the head done for a couple of weeks so just gotta take it easy :(

Markyc
23-03-07, 05:23 PM
Out of interest, where is your engine loom ran? Normally through behind the batt, but it aint on yours, and less wires looks nicer.

well i think does run behind the battery then dives infront its in like a cover so keeps it all neat n yer the whole car's like it every single wire has been taped up or hidden do agree looks smarter!