PDA

View Full Version : after market HT leads are ****

GTE TURBZ
21-03-07, 09:09 PM
Is it me or are after market like spit fire (or whatever they're called they come in alluminous pink/red and blue) just Sh*te, in my experience the copper bits tend to crack and snap off, ive even had the lead come off from the actual alli heat shield bit.

Just wanna know what your thoughts are as someone had put some on the nova i got now,

i dont wanna get the GM ones but thinking of the BOSCH ones you can get from hallfords think their ?40 odd but im guessing the quality should be good so should be better than GM?

Also can a gsi engined dizzy mechanism (square block) replace the dizzy cap on the gte engine, if so is it really beneficial? PROS/CONS

draper
21-03-07, 09:11 PM
all i know is GM ones are bloody expensive !! i got quoted ?114 and thats with my mates discount

GTE TURBZ
21-03-07, 09:15 PM
Fecking Hell!!!!!!!

burgo
21-03-07, 09:52 PM
ive got halfords ones on mine, cost ?25 but they seem pretty good quality

Timmy
21-03-07, 10:44 PM
i can get leads at trade from halford and i can also get GM ones at ?40 ish quid

Adam
22-03-07, 12:31 AM
MotaQuip from motorfactors, ?12 a set,lol.
No point spending anymore

Driver
22-03-07, 07:21 AM
i get them for ?15 discount at motor factors ;)

craig green
22-03-07, 12:15 PM
Yes they are often crap. It might depend on what dizzy cap you have (Red, clip on) (Black, screw on). I usee Bosch as the ones Ive found before that led to running probs & arcing on the lead ends. that was with the Black type cap, but a lot of the leads I found didnt clip onto the terminals in the cap properly.

Its always best to twist the lead ends on the plug a couple times before pulling them off. Ive had the Bosch leads come apart when Ive failed to do this. It must break the vacuum between the plug & lead end.

I paid about ?36 for my leads. Nice grey colour!

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/turbocraig/Craigypics/CraigNova2.jpg

GTE TURBZ
23-03-07, 04:36 PM
Yes they are often crap. It might depend on what dizzy cap you have (Red, clip on) (Black, screw on). I usee Bosch as the ones Ive found before that led to running probs & arcing on the lead ends. that was with the Black type cap, but a lot of the leads I found didnt clip onto the terminals in the cap properly.

Its always best to twist the lead ends on the plug a couple times before pulling them off. Ive had the Bosch leads come apart when Ive failed to do this. It must break the vacuum between the plug & lead end.

I paid about ?36 for my leads. Nice grey colour!

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/turbocraig/Craigypics/CraigNova2.jpg

Might have to get the bosch then, it was go nice with the standard engine colours. I have the orange dizzy cap cover

Riggy
23-03-07, 08:07 PM
halfords trade account ?18 for the bosch one :thumb: