PDA

View Full Version : engine problem

bigpimp
20-03-07, 04:17 PM
i pulled onto my driv last night and got into it again later in the night and turned it over and it clicked and nothing happend the dash lights and headlights and head unit all come on so i know it isn't the battery does anyone know what it is

Lee
20-03-07, 04:21 PM
Solenoid on your starter motor is funked.

Stick it in gear and rock it backwards and forwards and try again. Failing that, hitting the starter with a hammer may help, but ultimately you need a new solenoid.

bigpimp
20-03-07, 04:56 PM
k then thanks for that does anyone know where to get one or does anyone have one for sale. how much are they anyway

Lee
20-03-07, 05:06 PM
Halfrauds sell em i believe, or any good motorfactor.

tom reid
20-03-07, 08:04 PM
I've got a few in stock.

I AM STILL NOT A SHOP STUART :p

Adam
20-03-07, 08:35 PM
The click you hear is the solenoid activating(so the solenoid is ok?)

Sounds like the motor itself is jammed.
Give it a wack with a hammer.

Philsutton
20-03-07, 09:03 PM
could be a bad earth as well which it generally is 9 times out of 10.

harper73
20-03-07, 11:14 PM
agree with the bad earth try that first anyway i spent a hour changin the starter motor nd it turned out to be the earth grr

benny f gsi,n it
20-03-07, 11:45 PM
yer i had this once when i was out in the country side one night wouldnt start just clicked so bump started it and has been fine from then till now so fingers crossed lol

Lee
21-03-07, 09:33 AM
The click you hear is the solenoid activating(so the solenoid is ok?)

Sounds like the motor itself is jammed.
Give it a wack with a hammer.

Ive had one on my cav that clicked but was failing to make a circuit. TBH a new starter comes with a new solenoid anyway, so if its not an earth problem, swapping both is probably the best thing as theyre not that dear, especially on exchange.

NovaKen
21-03-07, 12:25 PM
Starter motors are cheap on ebay for nova's. Does sound like a bad earth, but if not, change the motor.

Happened to my mum's Mondeo, clicked, dash lighs came on. Rocking the mondeo helped the solenoid free. But check your earth.

SRI crazy
22-03-07, 09:48 AM
get ur battery checked , coz that click is the solenoid trying to engage and turn bt doesnt hav the power, sometimes dodgy batterys do that work everything else bt when you try to start them nothing, just a thought