PDA

View Full Version : anti roll bars

richi
20-03-07, 03:42 PM
looking at buying a 2ltr nova, reading the spec and it hasnt got the anti roll bars fitted. are they still good without or should i buy some anyways and put them on thanks

Stuart
20-03-07, 03:51 PM
personally i prefer a nova without. most do. but some prefer them with....

an ARB is pennies these days anyway so you could try it if you want.

dannyb
20-03-07, 03:52 PM
You will need some spacer blocks to fit the front ARB to a XE'd Nova. Chris Astley Motorsport does them. There is a long debate surrounding these.... I prefer without on my smallblock Nova which has a 40mm drop on Apex shocks and springs. They helped when it had the stock suspension, but the stiffer shocks do not allow for much body roll (and I'd rather have a bit of roll before the front lets go!!) and is therefore redundant.
I'd fit the rear one all day long though, prefferably the GSi's 20mm thick rear ARB.

loggyboy
20-03-07, 03:58 PM
Theres always been the pros and cons with regards to ARB fitment on novas in general, especailly those with XEs in. If your unsure and have a few quid to pay for the adpaters, then fit one, if it doesnt feel right then sell it on.

Stuart
20-03-07, 04:09 PM
agreed on the rear one as a must have :)

loggyboy
20-03-07, 04:26 PM
Thats a good point, I have one in my garage waiting to go on mine. Another

loggyboy
20-03-07, 04:26 PM
Thats a good point, I have one in my garage waiting to go on mine. Another job for

Lee
20-03-07, 04:31 PM
Yeah, i was under mine this weekend and noticed there wasnt one in there, so thats something else for the shopping list.

Dar
20-03-07, 04:46 PM
My take on the front anti rollbar is that if you have quite supple suspension then its worth keeping on. Although the Nova Front ARB is a rubbish design.

The idea for a ARB is to allow a car running softer suspension to corner flatter. If you have uprated the suspension then the ARB will start to become a hinderance because its not letting the suspension work properly. Since a car with siffer suspension dosen't lean much in the bends anyway you can ditch the ARB.

I ran mine until I got some coilovers.

mikey14sr
22-03-07, 07:05 PM
My front arb has sat on the garage floor since the rebuild, my suspension is fairly forgiving, and there is a little more roll in corners, but the steering response feels a lot better.