PDA

View Full Version : Engine Mounts 2L

Anonymous
20-11-01, 12:17 PM
What engine mounts will I need to fit 2L 16v?

Damian said only the lefthandside one which lowers engine a little.

David P said just the exhaust one (I think)

and said Nathan uses a competition kit, but his car shakes alot cos the engine dont move at all!

I want decent stuff, but without vibrations in the car.
What ya sayin'?

Anonymous
20-11-01, 12:56 PM
Lets have a look at mounts for the big block engines??.

The mounts are in 2 parts a metal bracket (metal) and a metal/rubber mount (rubber)
3 mounts: the one on the engine on the drivers side (engine) one on the gearbox front (boxfront) and the gearbox rear mount that also holds the gear selector (boxrear)

First the easy one the boxfront rubber and metal are both nova items but you need to cut down the bolt that goes through the body work so it doesn?t foul the gearbox caseing

The boxrear rubber is a nova/mk2 astra item they are both the same the metal needs to be spaced 10mm away from the gearbox using washers or plates, using plates also allows you to use 3 bolts rather than 2 (some grinding/welding of the orignal metal is needed to do this) bolts also need to be extended an extra 10mm so they still have a good hold in the gearbox

The engine mount can be done many ways but the desired effect is to lower the engine 1.5?
Three parts to the mount examples shown below

Body Rubber Metal
Std nova carquip
Lowered nova astra mk2
Std novatech astra mk2

16v Nova - Toolkit, Trouble, Points and great expence all come as standard :)

e reg shell almost gone!!

Anonymous
20-11-01, 06:44 PM
Dont get the TAs mount ste they are shit and you will have to cut your bonnet strengthning so the bonnet will shut. I believe PVD do a engine mount kit to fit 2ltrs in novas but you will have to ring them and find out. Novatech do theres still but carquip do not as they are a bunch of arse!!! Rick

They say "good things come to those who wait" and me and John have waited longer than most!

Anonymous
21-11-01, 09:25 AM
lol the taz mount requires you to lower the mount on the body of the car

16v Nova - Toolkit, Trouble, Points and great expence all come as standard :)

e reg shell almost gone!!

Anonymous
21-11-01, 09:48 AM
as I said sid, pop round and I'll show you it, you will understand it a lot better.
Im putting my engine back in the car tonight so its the perfect opportunity to see what we are all talking about with these mounts. Once the engines in its harder to see.

:D 2.0l 8v. It will work one day !!! :D

Anonymous
21-11-01, 12:07 PM
Ok m8, cheers.
what time u want me round?
I will be free from 7.45pm

Anonymous
21-11-01, 12:45 PM
whenever, I'll be out there from abnout 6 till I get too cold or bored or it's finished. probably about 9 - 9.30ish

:D 2.0l 8v. It will work one day !!! :D

Anonymous
21-11-01, 01:06 PM
and i will be there to so we can have a chat about belgium. if the car is back then, eh sid ?

If it isn't kev it isn't worth it !!!