PDA

View Full Version : so how cheap are you

turbojolt
19-03-07, 10:11 PM
so what is the cheapist you people have done you 2.0ltr convertions for and has any one put a v6 into there nova thanks :thumb:

Mike
19-03-07, 10:15 PM
so what is the cheapist you people have done you 2.0ltr convertions for and has any one put a v6 into there nova thanks :thumb:

cheap = ****e ;) if your gonna do a job, do it properly (i know some will disagree to this;))

V6 has been done, along with 3.0 V6 aswell :thumb:

turbojolt
19-03-07, 10:22 PM
yep i know what your saying but i was thinking along the lines of doing it on the cheap for some fun down santa pod also what kind of times will they do

Mike
19-03-07, 10:24 PM
yep i know what your saying but i was thinking along the lines of doing it on the cheap for some fun down santa pod also what kind of times will they do

low 15s possibly high 14s

why spend ?500+ just building a fcuk about car, when you could put in the extra few pounds, and make a sorted road/track car :thumb:

turbojolt
19-03-07, 10:30 PM
becuse i cant aford the insurance on a 2.0ltr road car and i dont wont to be a prick driving around with no insurance when it will end up costing more in the long run

Mike
19-03-07, 10:35 PM
becuse i cant aford the insurance on a 2.0ltr road car and i dont wont to be a prick driving around with no insurance when it will end up costing more in the long run

how you plan on getting it to santa pod then? as trailers aren't cheap either!

i see your point by the way, im not having a go like, just curois lol

turbojolt
19-03-07, 10:37 PM
i know some one that owns a trailer so wont bother me geting hold of it as he loves his cars as well this is only a thinking prosess right now any way

Philsutton
19-03-07, 10:39 PM
you can do it for about 500ish, if its just for pod then you dont need to upgrade the brakes (smaller ones will weigh less anyway) leave the standard suspension on for comedy effect. They are horrible to drive with standard suspension though lol. Get some gte shafts and rough **** it in with the standard mounts. For anything other than pod i wuold suggest you do it properly though.

turbojolt
19-03-07, 10:43 PM
i was thinking about taking the brakes off for weight and just tying my bed sheet to the back of the car for when i hit the end of the strip

yep just like a real dragster lol

Philsutton
19-03-07, 10:43 PM
go for it, but i bet you crash into a wall at some point lol

Mike
19-03-07, 10:48 PM
go for it, but i bet you crash into a wall at some point lol

PMSL!

Btw, hope its not you dirving the car towing the trailer ;) the braked weight of the trailer has to weight less then XXX for you to legally be able to drive it on a normal car license or under 25 or some ****e like that lol

turbojolt
19-03-07, 10:51 PM
well that should slow be down preety fast hiting a wall so maybe i should not start puting holes in my bed sheets then

Philsutton
19-03-07, 10:52 PM
maybe splash out on a brand new bed sheet for pod use an use your other for sleeping, you want that sheet working at full capacity no holes or the like.

turbojolt
19-03-07, 10:53 PM
PMSL!

Btw, hope its not you dirving the car towing the trailer ;) the braked weight of the trailer has to weight less then XXX for you to legally be able to drive it on a normal car license or under 25 or some ****e like that lol

i will have to talk to my uncle or my old man then i guess

Mike
19-03-07, 10:55 PM
maybe splash out on a brand new bed sheet for pod use an use your other for sleeping, you want that sheet working at full capacity no holes or the like.

lmfbo!! lol lol lol

turbojolt
19-03-07, 10:56 PM
no mate your not lisening now are you lol

I WONT DO DO IT ON THE CHEAP!!

meaning no buying bed sheets lol

Dave.
19-03-07, 10:58 PM
when i opened his i though he was asking how cheap we were for like a night or something lol

SRimon
19-03-07, 10:58 PM
?500 it can be done for...all depends on the cost of the xe, the rest of it is fairly standard price..

turbojolt
19-03-07, 11:03 PM
when i opened his i though he was asking how cheap we were for like a night or something lol

yer i bet you opened it really fast didint you lol

turbojolt
19-03-07, 11:18 PM
what kind of times would you be looking at runing a V6 then

loggyboy
20-03-07, 10:35 AM
My XE did a 14.2 at the pod and cost under ?500 and i could have done it for less.
That included, suspension, brakes, welding and all mods that are considered minimum safe requirements.

cheap = ****e ;) if your gonna do a job, do it properly (i know some will disagree to this;))

Of course they will disagree, and rightly so, cheap doesnt mean it wasnt done properly. as long as you dont short cut important things like brakes, possibly welding and the general workman ship there is no reason you cant have a supercar beating nova for under ?500.

loggyboy
20-03-07, 10:37 AM
what kind of times would you be looking at runing a V6 then
only sliughtly more if not the same, the 2.5 isnt hugely more powerful (xe - 150, v6 - 170), so for the added weight and hassle they are fitting, coupled with the slack handling they give (the weight of the xe is bad enough) and the means the XE is the easy and sensible option for easy 'plug in power'.

greg1.4
20-03-07, 01:56 PM
i could probably do the conversion for ?100. ha ha.

sr_nova_joe
20-03-07, 02:56 PM
yeh i need my xe put in i have everythin so just need some1 2 do it 4 a cheap price but doin it properly obviouly lol so any1 who wants to do it within 40miles of north london let me no lol

ste porter
20-03-07, 03:11 PM
im abit further than 40 miles im pe11 3xd but if ur serious about wanting it done reasnably cheap and you have most the bits pm me

as for doing it cheap you can do it very cheap indeed or spend as much as you like so far on the turbo project (wip page) we have spent just under 4 grand and the car is still a bare shell at the paint shop but we have been colecting interesting bit while its there and that includes the engine
but we still gotta rebuild the lump recon the turbo buy all roose hoses buy an intercooler we have no interiour whatso ever at the minute and the plan is a full gsi trim still have not got any wheels and the willwoods are yet to be purchased

but depending on what you have kicking around and acess to cheap i bet you could rough **** it for 250 quid

novanutted
20-03-07, 03:54 PM
i did my corsa for 450 including buying the car

Philsutton
20-03-07, 08:07 PM
ive never seen a V6 nova run the same or faster times than a 2lt

Jon_nova1
20-03-07, 08:15 PM
there was a cav 2L 8V in the for sale for ?90, weld the bay for at most ?100, throw the engine in, you have a 2L for ?190 assuming you have the right driveshafts lol

Sloth
21-03-07, 05:37 PM
i built a saloon with a 2.0 8v for 200 quid and that was road legal, if you use a sri 130 motor like i did it has the close ratio box in it. my latest project owes me 400 quid and thats xe powered, with cams and a ported head and chip. :) i have exellent contacts!!!!!!!!