PDA

View Full Version : Electrical problem

Anonymous
16-11-01, 11:24 PM
Seems to be 1 thing after another l8tely wid my motor now when i brake my side lights come on any ideas lads?

Twitchin like a pigs eye!

Anonymous
16-11-01, 11:26 PM
Sorry my motor is a 1600 Gte if that helps!

Anonymous
17-11-01, 01:40 AM
you got any after market alarms fitted?

Anonymous
17-11-01, 01:47 AM
same thing happend on my SR. I had a standard bulb in my brake light place when you need a double density. i think thats what its called.

Anonymous
17-11-01, 02:17 PM
sounds like bulb is in the wrong way? if you put your lights on do your brake lights come on?
and you are talking about the rear lights?

Anonymous
17-11-01, 04:34 PM
thats funny cause ive just replaced a brake light maybe ive put the wrong one in, and it was fine till i changed the bulb. but i took the bulb out that i replaced and it still does it? Ive an imobiliser but ive had ne bova wid that so i dont think thats connected, my m8 seems to think it might be a bad earth?

Anonymous
17-11-01, 06:50 PM
Similar prob to me. When I have the lights on, one of the break lights barely works.

Put new bulbs in aswell - in the correct way.

Havn't a clue whats up though!

Anonymous
18-11-01, 11:18 AM
yup u fitted the wrong rear bulb mate, i did the same a few years back and everytime i was pulling into a junction to turn right i was flashing at the cars coming ahead meaning i nearly had a few nasty crashes!

Micky@novaload.net :)

Anonymous
20-11-01, 10:13 PM
Mite just be a loose earth somewhere. I had that in mine, when the previous owner removed the aftermarket brakelight he just cut the wire and the were welded together! On the other hand try another bulb first!

You Know When You've Been Novataken!!!!!!!!