PDA

View Full Version : mk 2 dash, light switches

Anonymous
18-11-01, 08:53 PM
im putting a mk2 dash into a mk1 and ive finally got the dash and all the switches and plugs etc, but on the mk2 dash there seem to be two headlight switches. theres the noraml one with off, sidelights, dip beam and when you pull it out the interior light comes on. I think i can wire that one as the mk1 dash had a similar switch. Theres also one with a picture of a headlight and a clickdown roller switch that says, 0,1,2,3 on it, whats this one for and how do i wire it up???

Anonymous
18-11-01, 08:57 PM
its for your headlight level motors i dont know how youll wire it up though!

Anonymous
18-11-01, 09:15 PM
Only the mark 2's had the motors on the head lights. I have mark 2 lights and dash, but have not bothered wiring the motors up. Probs cause i dont know how!

Anonymous
19-11-01, 09:20 AM
You could buy mk 2 headlights and then wire them up! ;)
But i dont know if they will fit in the mk 1 front.

Anonymous
19-11-01, 04:42 PM
i had the mk2 headlights and switch in my mk1 dashed white nova. I cant rember exactly how i wired it up but it shouldnt take u 2 long, i do know the 2 front motors had to be reversed from each other (i think!!??!!)

Micky@novaload.net :)

Anonymous
20-11-01, 10:08 PM
I didn't bother wiring it up. I ain't got mark 2 lights, but I think its more hassle than its worth. Just leave the switch unwired or maybe find another use for it!

You Know When You've Been Novataken!!!!!!!!