PDA

View Full Version : how much do u rekon?

sid666
19-03-07, 08:34 PM
i was wondering how much ud think id get for my white gsi?

its done 80,000 miles
bad boy bonnet with scoop, scoop needs to be sanded and painted,
4 branch manifold
a bit of rust at the bottom of each door which has been treated and filled but not sanded
engine bay is completely standard,
no back seats
tax til june
mot til july
n e ideas?http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a185/crackwhorebmx/badboy.jpg

draper
19-03-07, 08:36 PM
ill give you ?500 ???

sid666
19-03-07, 08:37 PM
im thinkin of sellin not sure yet, i paid more than that for it and that was onli in january sorry mate

draper
19-03-07, 08:44 PM
without sounding rude tho fella there not the best pics or most info, whats the arches like ?? the engine bay ?? bootfloor etc

sid666
19-03-07, 08:52 PM
true mate, had a new arch welded on the drivers side needs to be sanded, the passenger side is fine, boot floor surface rust but been treated, and theres a pinhole leak in the sump i believe

Lee
19-03-07, 09:00 PM
If you want money for the car, best thing to do is get it looking as tidy as poss. IMHO i wouldnt give you more than 200 quid for that as id need to get a new bonnet, get the rear quarters painted, sort out the leaky sump, find some rear seats, sort the doors out etc.. By the time ive done that I probably would have spent another 200 quid plus put in a load of effort.

Do these jobs yourself though, and it may make 5 - 600 quid depending on the quality of the work and the condition of the rest of the car.

However, there are people on ebay who appear to pay thousands of pounds for complete heaps of ****, so i suggest you slap it on egay with a 500 quid reserve and see if you strike it lucky before you start getting the sandpaper out lol

Jack
19-03-07, 09:09 PM
^ lmfao, yeah was about to say sell it on ebay and you'll be looking at a couple grand - I think they should make new adverts, "Ebay: Proof that a fool and his money are soon parted" lol

Either that or break it, you'd probably get more than the cars worth in parts.

Mike
19-03-07, 10:23 PM
"Ebay: Proof that a fool and his money are soon parted"

so true :D i love sellnig car parts on there, its so easy :D

if its shiny or painted, it'll sell regardless lol lol

SRimon
19-03-07, 11:00 PM
^ lmfao, yeah was about to say sell it on ebay and you'll be looking at a couple grand - I think they should make new adverts, "Ebay: Proof that a fool and his money are soon parted" lol

Either that or break it, you'd probably get more than the cars worth in parts.

Ive made ?1500 breaking my gsi