PDA

View Full Version : Corsa B MFD Not Working Correctly - Any Help ?

olix99
19-03-07, 05:52 PM
Firstly - HELLO ! (first post :))

secondly, i know this is novas and all that but i knwo the corsa b and nova are very simillar and im so very stuck!

Right onto the problem, the MFD in my corsa was being funny, it was flickering on and off over bumps in the road and if i turned my side or headlights on - the MFD went very very feint and not visible and then it just died and hasnt worked since. I changed the bulbs and no joy so i decided on a new unit. The new unit arrived and i fitted bulbs, this unit works fine apart from it only been lit up on one side because i think one bulb is broken (its all black lol) and it doesnt flicker over speed bumps. BUT the problem with the MFD going extremly feint when the side or headlights are turned on still persists, in the dark i cant see my MFD at all as i need my lights on! :tard:

Does anybody have any ideas what might be causing this and how to fix it?

Thanks in advance - PS if this isnt in the right forum can a mod please move it? :thumb:

Adam
19-03-07, 06:30 PM
The MFD is meant to go feint when you switch the lights on, so it doesn't annoy you shining mega bright at night.

Try the brightness knob on the right hand side of the dash, near the headlight switch ;)

coochiSR
19-03-07, 06:35 PM
MFD? sorry what is it?

Welsh Dan
19-03-07, 06:43 PM
multi function display

olix99
19-03-07, 06:44 PM
thanks LLTN, it just seems kind of illegibally feint but then i havnt been out in the dark with the new MFD so i shal try that - once again thanks LLTN :thumbs:

coochi - the MFD, multi function display, just a little LCD display on the dash that shoes the time date and outside temperature.

if it still seems illegibally feint it may be due to only having 1 bulb, although i am gettin some high intensity blue LEDs to change them for so we shal see how it unfolds lol

coochiSR
19-03-07, 06:44 PM
oooooooo okies! thank you, only way to learn!