PDA

View Full Version : discreet boot builds/subs

craig green
19-03-07, 03:14 PM
Partly to get the spammer off the main page & also to get an idea of how people get subs in the boot of a Nova & retain some practicality, ie go shopping.

Ive got 2 x 8" Kicker's I want to use in the boot. I'll look at installations of single 10s & 12s too.

CG

jord4n
19-03-07, 04:05 PM
spear wheel well, or single 10/12" sub in one box on one side of the boot

london_chris
19-03-07, 04:22 PM
get those sub boxes that are shaped to the side of your boot, liquid ice do them but are like ?70 each or something

coochiSR
19-03-07, 06:41 PM
I just finished mine, not very practical but i don't use boot anyway, but its not that big job to mount the amp on back of box. Just a 10" boxed sub and amp.
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m35/coochisr/SR61-1.jpg

goldengraham
19-03-07, 07:07 PM
*******, u seen mine coochi, mine is much neater lol, wires hanging through the interior lmao

coochiSR
19-03-07, 07:12 PM
put up a pic then!

goldengraham
19-03-07, 08:50 PM
when i get one yeh i will, not forgettin its in the ka tho

goldengraham
19-03-07, 08:51 PM
just a thought tho, its will be fun when u need to get the spare wheel out though!

craig green
20-03-07, 01:29 PM
I did start to build a stealth box for the LH side of the boot for my 2 8"s a few years ago. It never got finished & obviously found its way into the bin.

Maybe a fibreglass enclosure for the spare wheel well could be a goer.

Paul
21-03-07, 05:18 PM
false floor with amp sunk in, retains space for shopping, with sub to one side....

Jon_nova1
22-03-07, 12:04 PM
stealth boxes...or boxez you could build the amp into the rear panel?

craig green
23-03-07, 11:20 AM
Box or enclosure for the sub woofers.

My amp is bolted to the seat backs with 'riv nuts'.

D87SWM
24-03-07, 01:31 PM
why not try to mount the sub in the back of the seat or build a back seat out of MDF and out sub in that with box on the back keeps boot space gets rid of passengers :D

dabsy
28-03-07, 12:31 PM
I've just stripped out the install that was in my Nova up front of the track preperation i'm carrying out. Mine had a stealth shelf with 6x9's, amp bolted to the left side of the rear seat, and a 10 inch sub in a small boxed 'wedge' shape enclosure on the left hand side. There was still 2/3rds of the boot space available for the local shopping trip.

Depends how much time you want to spend saving space, but this was pretty neat and tidy without spending hours sinking things into the floor and blending them into the boot, but it's your boot space.......

Dave.

Lucky Luke!
29-03-07, 04:53 AM
Easy to make a stealth box, stick one of them in the left hand side of the boot, amp sunk into floor, you will retain nearly all your boot space.

nova ian
02-04-07, 04:31 PM
This was mine I had in my old nova, the box fitted on to one side with a false floor that the middle pannel could be lifted straight out enabling the spare tryre to be got at with ease. I made the box myself, and its a 10'' sub, Sounded really good. I still have the box if your interested in it, its of no use to me. Also have the sub too!

Ian

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v314/cruisindude/DSCN0350.jpg

craig green
03-04-07, 04:34 PM
That box looks pretty good. I want to use 2 8" Kickers Ive got though.

nova ian
03-04-07, 06:02 PM
Well if you would like me to get the measurements of the box or anything so you can make one similar let me know.

Thanks

Ian

Jim Mcrae
14-04-07, 03:35 PM
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c205/bhpnos/DSC00295.jpg

pic qualitly is rubbish, but you get the idea. I have tiedied it up since, hiding wires ect. The pic dont really do it justice, there is still a fair bit of room to the front of the sub woofer, you could always screw the amp to the backs of the seat too to save even more room.

Iain
14-04-07, 04:28 PM
pic qualitly is rubbish, but you get the idea. I have tiedied it up since, hiding wires ect. The pic dont really do it justice, there is still a fair bit of room to the front of the sub woofer, you could always screw the amp to the backs of the seat too to save even more room.

Looks just like an off the shelf enclosure sitting in the middle of the boot.

NovaLad
14-04-07, 04:46 PM
When i get an amp and some speakers do i need to wire my standard Nova speakers into my amp aswell so they won't blow? and get a seperate amp for my sub?

Novadex
20-04-07, 08:56 AM
why would you even consider useing your standard Nova speakers lol they would sound crap.

Just get some aftermarket speakers and run them from the head unit and run the sub off of the amp.

pmitch5
12-05-07, 09:21 AM
if you not bothered about the spare wheel, raise your floor to clear you amps, then put you subs on top, id recommend one 10 or 12" depending on what music you like, im not practical as i have 2 15s in a corsa b but i can still get a newspaper in the boot, :)