PDA

View Full Version : competition inspecting

london_chris
19-03-07, 02:53 PM
if someone was to join a competition class of up to 1400, how would they check what your running, e.g if you over bored it/ performance items inside the engine?

Stuart
19-03-07, 02:58 PM
if your romping away from the field, thats a bit of a clue lol.

they can, if they suspect your cheating, make you strip the engine down to prove it. If its not a cheater they pay to rebuild (usually), and if it is a cheater youve got to sort it...

to be honest though, why would you enter a race class and then cheat to win, wheres the fun in that? your only cheating yourself at the end of the day, and you will get caught.

craig green
19-03-07, 03:00 PM
launch an inquiry after you had won the 1st number of races & last year you couldnt get top 30!

Depends on the level of competition I expect. Local stuff, its just cheating but at a national level its a bigger rule you are breaking.

I thought your driving skills alone would be giving you all the advantage you need?

london_chris
19-03-07, 03:02 PM
if your romping away from the field, thats a bit of a clue lol.

they can, if they suspect your cheating, make you strip the engine down to prove it. If its not a cheater they pay to rebuild (usually), and if it is a cheater youve got to sort it...

to be honest though, why would you enter a race class and then cheat to win, wheres the fun in that? your only cheating yourself at the end of the day, and you will get caught.

lol no im not thinking of doing it i was just curious to how they go about it

Stuart
19-03-07, 03:05 PM
yeah yeah....

new people get watched like hawks, and if all of a sudden they go from being pants to 1st/2nd all the time you get an enquiry as craig said.

class racing is a test of skill..... as you claim to have loads are you going back on your statement ;)

craig green
19-03-07, 03:11 PM
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m32/Nitro_Burner/MickeKageredTFD.jpg

It said 1400 on the V5 documents!

Nova-Dan
19-03-07, 03:14 PM
haha

london_chris
19-03-07, 04:19 PM
lol

Bouch
20-03-07, 09:15 AM
As Stuart said, the MSA can strip the engine down to the last nut and bolt if they think your not throwing true darts. But i've heard that they can check the CC of your lump simply by removing a spark plug and filling a bore with a liquid at BDC and then raise that piston until TDC and then measure the liquid displaced which gives them the volume of that bore.

bigbened
20-03-07, 04:09 PM
i thaught thats how they do it too