PDA

View Full Version : indicator problem.

Anonymous
16-11-01, 11:28 AM
Usually when a bulb dies on an indicator or if there is a loose connection somewhere the other indicators on that side of the car will blink faster. This I imagine is caused because more power is going to other lights on that cicuit. I was taking out my dash the other day and once I had replaced it the drivers side indicator (side repeater) didnt work. The other indicators on that side are not blinking faster so I dont think its the bulb. I have checked the connections on the stalks and they are fine so I cant think whats wrong. Any ideas???

Anonymous
16-11-01, 12:37 PM
there is 2 earths for the side repeaters down in the kickwells, did u disturb these?

Micky@novaload.net :)

Anonymous
16-11-01, 01:03 PM
Quite possibly....where exactly are they?

Anonymous
16-11-01, 02:31 PM
and check your fuses.

:D 2.0l 8v. It will work one day !!! :D

Anonymous
16-11-01, 02:44 PM
isnt there just one fuse for all indicators though? if that went all of em would go. I will check those earths tonight and get post back.

Anonymous
16-11-01, 04:46 PM
the side repeater wires come from the wings into the car the earths are close by u cant miss them

Micky@novaload.net :)

Anonymous
16-11-01, 06:04 PM
side indicator will not affect the speed of the falsh, the system work by using the resistance of the bulbs to determine the timing. The resistance of the repeater bulbe is negligible compare to the two PHAT front and back bulbs. try taking the repeaters out of the wings and see if the terminals are still on. if not you will prob have to take the wing off to find the wires.

Performance Car Audio - http://customize.9f.com

Anonymous
18-11-01, 02:56 PM
right I'll give it a go. nice ones