PDA

View Full Version : Revs dropping slow?

Anonymous
14-11-01, 05:24 PM
Just had my car tuned and the air flow replaced, it's got it's poke back but the revs take forever to cum down, and when u rev the throttle a little bit they sumtimes get stuck at about 1500rpm wats the crack? Also my cars always been a bit jerky between 1300 & 1700rpm but i put that down to the big valve head does anybody think this might be linked to the idling? think it's had a cam at sum point and the lightweight pulley is still in place if thats any use.Apart from that it goes much better than before it really picks up after 3000 rpm, pleased to be kicking saxo's in to touch once again!

Daz9124@aol.com

Twitchin like a pigs eye!

Anonymous
14-11-01, 06:50 PM
my revs drop slow as fcuk 2 m8! and its jumpy at under 2 grand and it is mainly due 2 the uprated cam, mynes a piper so if any 1 haz a vernier pully 4 sale mail me!!

Anonymous
14-11-01, 07:37 PM
Ive ratched out a reciept and it reads Nova gsi ported head/ Piper Gp A1 cam, piper springs , steel vernier, is it possible that when the lad i bought the car off took the cam out he left the pulley and the springs in he car? i know very little about cams so i havnt got a clue.

Anonymous
16-11-01, 09:21 AM
my revs are all over the place when idling. usually shoots up to 1500-2000 when I come out of gear. Going to see some fella about it later who knows his shiznit.

Anonymous
16-11-01, 11:22 PM
let me know how u get on blondie, mines gan back in on wednesday, 4 sum wealding and to get the revs sorted.

Daz9124@aol.com