PDA

View Full Version : roof ariel

GTE TURBZ
18-03-07, 06:06 PM
Anyone fitted a roof ariel, i just bought an ariel from a 2005 corsa, just wondering how to wire it up (what course to take around the car through to the sterio). they didnt have the extension wire, went to the local scapy and it just looked long taking off another mota. Vaux said its ?16.

would a normal halfords one do?, as by looking at it,the connecting bit looked different to the end on the corsa ariel:thumb:

Thanks in advance

P.s some said the golf ones look better as its got more of a slope, but i guess the corsa ones dont look to bad either right? (as its too late already got one sort of thing?) anyone got pics of as nova with the late corsa ariel?

Iain
18-03-07, 06:10 PM
I bought a beesting from Maplin (new) for ?5, comes with about 4 or 5 metres of cable. It's similar to the Corsa one in the way it's more vertical than some but if you fit a shorter aerial it should look ok.

I routed the cable through the roof lining and down the A pillar to the headunit.

Jon_nova1
18-03-07, 06:16 PM
all ariel cables are just 2 wires, one through the middle and another webbed around the outer edge, aslong as you can get the connection to go together it'l be fine

Tim
18-03-07, 07:46 PM
heres mine, i have no idea what car its off but looks fine to me, i routed the cable down the rear pillar in to the boot then along the floor to the stereo.

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j307/t1mmmmy/novapics076.jpg

Tim

sorry about the poo pic,its a bit fuzzy, lol

GTE TURBZ
19-03-07, 11:31 AM
along the left or right side of the vehicle, as in the corsa it was routed throught the left side. (i.e. if your looking at the rear of the vehicle the left side)

Cheers

GTE TURBZ
19-03-07, 11:31 AM
along the left or right side of the vehicle, as in the corsa it was routed throught the left side. (i.e. if your looking at the rear of the vehicle the left side)

Cheers

bump
19-03-07, 12:05 PM
I'd take down the passenger side. Less to route round, i.e. pedals, steering column and other wiring.

Driver
19-03-07, 06:26 PM
i just got a corsa B ariel not fitted yet

just go get wire from scrappy i did althought its all loomed up and sticky lol

got to vaux and get it if its only 16 quid

run cable to back of sterio (thick one)
then there should be a thin one this needs wiring to a live (remote maybe ??) so its amplified

hope i helped