PDA

View Full Version : C14NZ I think....faults?

dj4man
18-03-07, 04:13 PM
Ive got a M reg astra 1.4, thinks its a C14NZ lump. A few questions please, as its been a long time since owning a vauxhall again. This is my 2nd car, run around.

The coil unit with the electronic module sitting beneath it sounds like its 'ticking' very fast once the engine has warmed up. is this normal or not?
Would a unit from a 1.1/1.2/1.3 Nova be the same and work? They look the same but cant find any part numbers on either of them.

Once the car is warm, if you touch the gas pedal, the engine drops revs, then revs up fine. does it everytime i touch the gas pedal.

Also, only when warm, the is a very faint mayo on the oil cap. but when the engine is cold, the mayo has gone? Its not mayo in the header tank and the heater etc works fine, water is at usual level etc. But there is a lot of water like substance coming out of the exhaust. not steam or white clouds though?!

Any ideas or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Dan

mikey14sr
18-03-07, 08:04 PM
Ticking from the coil I never noticed on mine, funny response when warm sounds like it's been stood for a while, mine did it too untill I stripped and cleaned the throttle body. Mayo appearing sounds like you're only using it for short trips, again something that mine did unless I'd been on a longer run. The liquid coming out of the exhaust is just condensation, tends to be common with cars that have cats in them.

dj4man
23-03-07, 12:42 PM
Cheers for the info mikey, got the car nov 06 but been stood mainly since then done about 20 or 30miles in it! A friend of a friend said the head gasket has gone but car runs fine. although, the temp gauge nearly reaches 90 but thats the highest it gets too. fans kicks in still when running for a while.

could it be the thermostat? if, where is the location of it?

Cheers,

Dan

mikey14sr
23-03-07, 04:12 PM
sounds fine to me, mine only ever got to 90 when sat still, and the fan came in at 93. If you want to replace the thermostat, you might as well change the water pump and cambelt at the same time, as you've got to take the rear cover off to get access to the stat.

SRI crazy
24-03-07, 12:53 AM
when u dip the car for oil is it mayo colourd to?