PDA

View Full Version : Strengthening kit help.......

Anonymous
15-11-01, 04:41 PM
I have just spoken to the garage doing my car, they have finally straightened the car and fitted the new wing etc. but when they placed the Harry Hockley motorsport strengthening kit onto the car he said that the plates cover some holes, so you cant get a few bits back on!! but when I spoke to HH MS, they said that the plates need no drilling or cutting and will go straight on!! anyone got any better diagrams of where the plates should go or photos, so I can give them to the garage to use??? if so can you email them to me at either john__hilton@hotmail.com or john.hilton@granadarestaurants.co.uk

cheers

John

Garages sticking to their promises???? not likely!!! :(

Anonymous
15-11-01, 04:47 PM
I would like to know this info too please, as I have just ordered my kit from them.
Doesnt the kit come with decent enough instructions then?

Anonymous
15-11-01, 04:50 PM
it has a picture that can be followed, but clearly this isn't enough!! if I get any info, I'll pass it onto you sid.

Anonymous
15-11-01, 04:56 PM
god jk , you pick sum bloody funny garages m8.

lmao :D

:D there never gonna fit :D

Anonymous
15-11-01, 04:59 PM
tell me about it m8!!! it does seem to finally be getting done though!!!! lol!

Anonymous
15-11-01, 07:27 PM
Mine have covered no holes john and the garage must be trying to fit them in the wrong places! Think maybe the front tie bar bracket ones need drilling but i am not sure, they shud be the only ones i think. I know the garage had a pain fitting mine as the diagram is fooking shit! Rick

They say "good things come to those who wait" and me and John have waited longer than most!

Anonymous
15-11-01, 09:39 PM
jkh i have the rally prep book!!!
contact me and i will get a photocopy to you
or i'll pop up saturday and advise :p

16v Nova - Toolkit, Trouble, Points and great expence all come as standard :)

e reg shell almost gone!!

Anonymous
16-11-01, 12:57 PM
Ste, I am going to go down to the garage on Saturday morning, I went up there this lunchtime like the guy asked and he wasn't even there!!!(as usual!!!)
I will probably give you a bell tomorrow or something if needs be.

cheers
John

Anonymous
16-11-01, 01:44 PM
lol looks like we are fitting the 2.0 16v tomorow then!! :p

16v Nova - Toolkit, Trouble, Points and great expence all come as standard :)

e reg shell almost gone!!

Anonymous
16-11-01, 01:59 PM
erm..... not quite yet bud, I still have loads to do to my engine and no time off work to do it!!! :(
it's gonna be a while, but once it is done I know it will have been worthwhile.

Anonymous
16-11-01, 02:33 PM
thats what I keep telling myself with all the hastles Ive had with my 2.0l conversion. On numerous occasions Ive though "why didn't I just leave it as a 1.4???"

:D 2.0l 8v. It will work one day !!! :D