PDA

View Full Version : Swarf

Anonymous
15-11-01, 10:52 AM
I drained my oil last night and there was quite a lot of swarf in the oil. In line with my previous posts with the problems with my bottom end, what does this mean ?

What does it suggest that there is a problem with for there to be swarf in the oil ?

Anonymous
15-11-01, 12:37 PM
If you mean metal fragments, then Swarf comes from grinding/cutting metal, so if its in your oil, it looks like the crank is well and truly up the shit! :(

Let me know if you need help with anything Damian :)

cheese@novaload.org.uk

Anonymous
15-11-01, 07:34 PM
lol my sumop had a small countrys supply opf swarf in it :O Most bit were to big to fit through the sump :O Stripped it and discovered the bottom end had siezed and it was fucked, So stop driving it and strip it m8 as it will cost you ???? to fix it if you wait and drive it round. Although it sounds quite fucked now. Rick

They say "good things come to those who wait" and me and John have waited longer than most!

Anonymous
15-11-01, 08:06 PM
lol strip it damien get all the bottom end lightened and balanced! :D

They say "good things come to those who wait" and me and John have waited longer than most! ...

Which means Johns is going to be much better because hes going to be waiting a hell of a long time!! :P

Anonymous
16-11-01, 02:47 AM
john will actully be waiting so long his 3 wheeled "old biddy chariot" will end up getting the valver ;)

Micky@novaload.net :)

Anonymous
16-11-01, 11:55 AM
lmfao

1.3SR FOR SALE ?200
Click For Details.
http://www.novaload.net/forums/forum.asp?ref=2347&id=6&desc=For+Sale+%26+Wanted&mpp=&sort=