PDA

View Full Version : your views on the 20seh ? ? ?

Dan 130
18-03-07, 11:30 AM
alright all pretty new to all this forum stuff started my first project today taking it out a cav gonna be rebuilt from bottom up whats your views on the engine cheers
:thumb:

Lee
18-03-07, 11:41 AM
As far as sticking it in a Nova goes, its just as much effort as fitting an XE, therefore most of us say why bother with the 8V when you can have 16v power.

Of course if you already have the engine, then thats one reason why you might go for it, as well as possible insurance issues (however i doubt youll get much discount for having half the amount of valves)

Put simply, anything over 100bhp is fun in a Nova, so if you can live with putting the effort in of fitting the 8v without going for the 16v, then do it. It will go like a clipped cat! lol

SUP4NOV4
18-03-07, 12:10 PM
alright all pretty new to all this forum stuff started my first project today taking it out a cav gonna be rebuilt from bottom up whats your views on the engine cheers
:thumb:

I really like the 8v ive had a mk3 sri and a mk2 they can take some thrash, and parts are cheap so is the engine itself. Im not that keen on the redtop, A few mods on the 8v cam etc it will go very well.

Philsutton
18-03-07, 12:14 PM
Also the 8v is nigh on the same bottom end as the 16v, only reason people seem to think they can abuse them more without trouble is becaue they make less power to actually damage anything

SUP4NOV4
18-03-07, 12:18 PM
Alot of 16v conversions ive come across ive seen them thrashing there motors ant then all the probs start tapping,smokeig,idle funny up and down just not that keen.