PDA

View Full Version : turbo??????

Anonymous
13-11-01, 07:32 PM
im plannin on gettin a pukka gsi lump 2 work on 4 the winter 2 go in my gte but my gte is fairly tuned wiv cams etc and im gettin bored of it so i woz realy afta a mad 0-100 time as the gte haz bin clocked at over 140 and i feel its gunna get me in trouble soon so i want less top end but more acceleration! i fought turbo! but then went on the courtney site saw 2800 and fought fuk that!! n e 1 no of any ALOT cheaper complete turbo conversion? cheerz boyz!

Anonymous
13-11-01, 11:22 PM
try the turbo doctor in blackpool, think its around 800 but not sure how reliable they are :-/

Anonymous
14-11-01, 12:30 AM
supercharger :) much more low down grunt and 0-bugger all lag!

Dave Pearce, hmm he mixes like a man with no hands

Anonymous
14-11-01, 10:23 AM
muck about with your gearbox? put a 4 speed box out of a 1.0/1.2 in if it can be done...

Nova Community
Visit: www.RoyBacer.co.uk
Email: Ged@RoyBacer.co.uk

Anonymous
14-11-01, 02:38 PM
Turbo smurbo. Normal aspiration for acceleration and turbo for peak power and speed. Shift your power band down, and fit a CR quaife box. Sorted.

**Why take 16V's onto the track when u can use 8?**

Anonymous
14-11-01, 06:34 PM
yea i woz finkin about a 1.4 5speed box? as my m8 haz 1 in his gsi and it so torquey i fink my turbo diesel box holds the revs 4 2 long? it holds 3rd till 114! so is this turbo docter dodgy? i heard its coz he duznt use low compresion pistons? what hav u boyz heard?

Anonymous
15-11-01, 01:09 PM
he lives around the corner from me.
he does everything right, except for lower the compression. If you went to him with a thick gasket to lower the compression he'd lob it on for you. He built a very quick nova GTE which stayed an inch off a mildly tuned cossies back bumper all the way up to a ton.

Nova Community

Anonymous
15-11-01, 01:30 PM
if u have a turbo doctor conversion and the engine blows up once a year..... so what.. u can get gte engines for ?100

?100 a year ain't bad for 150bhp

16v Nova - Toolkit, Trouble, Points and great expence all come as standard :)

e reg shell almost gone!!

Anonymous
15-11-01, 11:26 PM
Is it really as easy as just replacing the head gasket with a thicker one? If it is then why isn't it part of the conversion? If it was as easy as that surely he would lower the compression to improve the reliabilty and his reputation?

Anonymous
16-11-01, 11:49 AM
ste, that would be good doing as u say, just replacing the engine every year, but for sum with no major mechanical knowledge, transfering all turbo bits, fueling control whilst on boost mechanism thingie (lol) and the rest of the stuff isn't easy!

unless when i do it in a couple of years u wanna help me transfer bits over?! for a few bin lid? (squid)

Nova Community