PDA

View Full Version : Bottom end

Anonymous
14-11-01, 04:22 PM
I have been ringing around loads of companies from Exchange and Mart enquiring about bottom ends. The best price I got was for a 3/4 unit fully reconditioned with new pistons for ?250. That is with a 3 month or 3,000 mile warranty.

what do you reckon on this ?

My other option is Davidp can probably get me a 2.0l 8v engine for ?50, but its just a case of waiting for one to come in. I am taking my engine out tonight so it will be ready to have a new one put in at the weekend.

So, should I buy the reconditioned bottom end for ?250 fit it with my reconditioned head and current gearbox and put it in the car.

or get another runner for ?50 and stick it in the car as it is and rebuild the busted bottom end over christmas and put it with the recon head and fit early next year.

option 1 will cost me ?250

option 2 will cost me ?50 initially and I don't know how much on parts to rebuild the busted bottom end.

views please ??

Anonymous
14-11-01, 04:31 PM
It'll be cheaper to just buy the ?250 recon, coz it'll cost u that at least to re-build a bottom end properly.

**Why take 16V's onto the track when u can use 8?**

Anonymous
14-11-01, 04:35 PM
thats what I thought.

Anonymous
14-11-01, 05:30 PM
then that also means less hassle for you!

Anonymous
16-11-01, 02:41 AM
yup

which is why i sugested it :D

no point in rebuilding a bottom end yourself when for the same price as u would spend doing it yourself, a pro can do it properlly.

this way you will have a spanky new engine that will last for ever

Micky@novaload.net :)

Anonymous
16-11-01, 11:47 AM
rob just bought a mint carlton 2.0i for ?40 :p

16v Nova - Toolkit, Trouble, Points and great expence all come as standard :)

e reg shell almost gone!!