PDA

View Full Version : c20let corsa

gunny
17-03-07, 11:45 PM
i know how easy it is to put an xe engine in a corsa b but i havent a clue about a c20let, i know the engine mounts are the same and depending on where i get the engine from i may need a different gear box but is there anything else i need to know about the conversion thats gonna be extra/hard work, plus will an f16 gearbox cope with the c20let power? or would i be better to use an f20? help????

Adam
18-03-07, 12:46 AM
The mounts aren't the same.
The gearbox side mount is different.

F16 will work with a different clutch/fly, might not last too long tho.
I'd fit a F28(proper LET box)

gunny
18-03-07, 01:46 AM
by that do u mean the mounts are different between an xe and a let?

atokley
18-03-07, 02:11 AM
by that do u mean the mounts are different between an xe and a let?

xe and let's use the same mounts to go into a corsa b, the gearbox mounts however will depend what gearbox you use!

You have to use a F28 (6speed box normally on a let), well you dont have to but you will be changing gearboxs quite often otherwise, the extra torque and sudden surge of it compared to an xe seems to kill off the f20 box's fairly well.

If you want an idea on conversion parts take a look at: http://www.chrisastleymotorsport.co.uk/index.php?cPath=22&osCsid=ebc2337834a32cfda71c9b214c376c23

gunny
18-03-07, 10:02 AM
thanks for your help, is that the only difference on the conversion then? any advice on intercooler mounting etc, all in all what gearbox is recommended? dont really want 6 speed lol

Philsutton
18-03-07, 11:32 AM
the 6 speed is recommended, but you you will find out yourself why that is the case if you dont use one. Main difference is the gear box mounting and then intercooler mounting, which all depends what intercooler you go for an how you want it to look.

gunny
18-03-07, 05:13 PM
is it difficult to put the let in, the only reason im doing a corsa and not a nova is because of the work involved doing a nova, but i wouldnt mind putting a let in, is the job a lot different to putting an xe in?

Philsutton
18-03-07, 06:41 PM
it is easier in the corsa as you have a bigger engine bay to work on plus you dont need to mod the chasis leg for the alternator