PDA

View Full Version : Brakes 'n' Stalling

Anonymous
20-07-00, 08:35 PM
when i brake in my 1.2 flair (carb) the engine dies. it only happens when i come to the end of the braking i.e. when entering a roundabout she dies as i go to pull away!!! help. i think it may be the inlet manifold or the servo.

cheers
stuart

Anonymous
20-07-00, 10:30 PM
mine does that too when reving the car through the gears and you suddenly slow down it dies.
I would also appreciate any help too.
Cheers
PS I'd rather call a nova a 'he' cos it's as hard as nails, not some poncey hairdressers car.

Anonymous
21-07-00, 08:51 AM
Right guys, i had this problem a while back, When you press the brakes you may hear a hissing sound coming from under the passanger side shelf thing. If so then chanecs are your servo is fuckerood, best get that replaced pretty soon, otherwise you end up like i di, with the servo not working and me having to put a ton of weight on the pedal to get the car to stop. Might not be this, but its worth a try...

Anonymous
21-07-00, 09:20 AM
I would sugest the stalling problem is probably not linked with the brakes. What is probably happening is the engine is in fact stalling all the time as you drive along but the momentum of the car restarts it as you drive (like bumping it off). You only actually notice it stalling when you stop at a junction and dip the clutch. Try blasting out the idle jet in the carb, if not service the HT system, new plugs, leads, rotor arm and dizzy cap, chances are they havn't been replaced for a while.

Anonymous
06-08-00, 06:55 PM
It seems to me that you must have water in the inlet manifold or your carb, get some carb cleaner sprayed into the carb, if that dont work... Fook knows!!