PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning lifters + Digi Dash modding

Mike_trx
16-03-07, 10:15 PM
Hey guys, im planning on cleaning my hydraulic lifters in my 1.3SR by hand along with a head gasket change. Is it a hard job and do I need to remove the cam or keep it all pretty much together? Also has anyone or does anyone know if you can change the LED's in the digidash to another colour as Im gettin a bit bored of the yellow now and want something different. Cheers guys...

mowgli
16-03-07, 10:49 PM
when you undo the head bolts, the cam carrier lifts off first, then the head.
The lifters can then be removed. keep them in the order they came out.
then you pop the metal rung off, and pull the middle out. Use chemical cleaning products.
Dunno about digi dash cos I personally don't like them so i have avoided them

garyc
17-03-07, 07:53 AM
use something like cellulose paint thinners.

SRI crazy
17-03-07, 06:56 PM
surely it doesnt matter if you dont keep them in order they will adjust themselves

Adam
17-03-07, 07:04 PM
They may have worn in to the underside ball connection of the rocker tho, so worth keeping in order.

Nova-Dan
17-03-07, 07:05 PM
iirc you can make you digital dash blue by buying blue leds

Mike_trx
17-03-07, 10:36 PM
Cheers for the replies, ok sounds simple enough guess i'll find out when gaskets arrive. As for the LED replacing is there a certain size and type of LED that needs to be used or is it just any blue LED?

rybo
19-03-07, 12:00 AM
i took my digi dash to bits...used a sharp knife and carefully cut out the green/yellow bits then just bought some sh** ripspeed (soz for swearing) leds from hafords and put them were the bulbs were (altered bulb housing) then just joined the wires in with wiring-you could solder to board i guess...