PDA

View Full Version : wiring problems?

greg1.4
16-03-07, 06:45 PM
i am fiiting me sr engine into my 1.2 this weekend or next and wondering how to get the revcounter working on my digi dash. I have the sr coil (with the plug and green wire for the rev counter) i just snipped it off the sr loom. Is it just a case of running a wire from the bottom right terminal(i think) to the back of the astra digi dash? I have part of the astra loom coming out of the dash, will there be a green wire on the astra loom coming out the back? Hope that makes sense to you guys.lol

Also on the 1.2 nova it only has a oil pressure warning light. I presume the digi dash will have a warning light and a oil pressure gauge (display)?
i have both plugs and wires coming out of the sr engine (oil pressure sensor thing), so do i just wire the wires out of the digi dash onto the sr engine? do i not need to run it into the ignition or anyhting? just straight from the back of the digi dash down to the back of the engine?

Hope someone can help!

Thanks in advance, Greg.

Adam
16-03-07, 06:47 PM
Run the wire from the green on the small block mini loom plug for the sr coil/dizzy.
To the back of the dash.

Just plug the wires onto the oil pressure sender, and it should work fine.

greg1.4
16-03-07, 06:54 PM
cheers mate! Glad it made sence (well maybe)lol

This might not happen but when i have been driving my nova for a year or something i want to drop a 1600 gsi/gte engine in. Whats the difference in engines? is it the carbs (injection/carb'd?) I know the gsi is injection.

So to fit the 1600 in do i use the standard 1.2 loom for alternator, starter etc? i take it i will need the gsi/gte coil? I know the engine will fit straight in and i will need 22 spline shafts. Anyhting else to remember?

Greg

mowgli
16-03-07, 10:58 PM
get a 1.6 engine with absolutely every ancillary part, then it will fit straight in. get an injection tank. the 1.2 shafts will fit. if the 1.2 is 4 speed, then you need a 5speed stick. look back thru the forum, about once a month the 1.6gte into 1.2 question pops up. basically there are about 3 wires that need modding, and the fuel pump wire needs running to the rear.