PDA

View Full Version : Very Slick

Anonymous
08-11-01, 11:49 AM
The time has come for me to think about replacing the rubber on my wheels. I need some tyres that'll give me the grip required for track action, yet be road legal. I have decided to get some cut slicks (I think they are barely road legal) and wanted to know if anybody has any experience of these. What brand is best for performance and value for money. Also what sort of compound would be suitable for my needs coz I want the grip of a soft tyre, but as its gonna be used on the roads, I need them to last at least 6 months at a time. Where is the best place to get em from? I've used the best of the road tyres, and they aren't good enough!

**Why take 16V's onto the track when u can use 8?**

Anonymous
08-11-01, 11:52 AM
Avon make very good semi slick (barely legal) tyres. Despite the fact that they will be the minimum 17% tread, plod will bitch at you something cronic!!

i havent got a clue about how much they cost coz if we want the tyres we just ask the course director to order em :)

Dave Pearce, hmm he mixes like a man with no hands

Anonymous
08-11-01, 12:08 PM
you're gonna be Mc the aquaplane kid!

Anonymous
08-11-01, 12:56 PM
I don't tend to drive in the wet unless its an emergency as the car is a right handfull. I'm probably gonna have two sets of tyres so I can have a wet weather setup, but dry grip is what I'm after.

**Why take 16V's onto the track when u can use 8?**

Anonymous
08-11-01, 02:09 PM
Go to http://www.google.co.uk and type Road Legal Slick Tyres. Come up with a few interesting results for me.

Anonymous
08-11-01, 06:11 PM
u could wrap ur wheels wiv elastic bands (thick 1s) dont know if its legal though?!

Anonymous
08-11-01, 08:37 PM
Tyres in this category are known "R type" = suitable for racing but still road legal.
Don't know if any of the below are slick type but:
Dunlop - D93 or 98J's, RSV W10 or 98's
Bridgestone - RSE 540,520
Falken - Azenis, RX04 or 05V3's
Yokos - A008RS, A032

Anonymous
13-11-01, 03:20 PM
go 4 the yokos, apparently the best road legal slick u can buy. look very nice to!!