PDA

View Full Version : Knocking Noise

Anonymous
12-11-01, 07:13 PM
:(
Can NE1 help?I need advice this is the story&problem!
I have a 1.2 5dr which has been lowered -60(-70mm after spings and shocks where in)and started getting a knocking noise from the front about 13months later(poss passenger side)I thought that it was the shocks as where standard ones,so got some gas ones and cut bump stops in-half.When removed shocks saw track rod end on passenger side was worn out almost compleatly and renewed that!Is now smoother ride a btter grip in wet but nosie still pretty much there(slightly quiter though but not much)Does NE1 have NE ideas as to the cause?
Cause im all out!
& the misses is taking the piss as hers doesn't do this!
And has the same set up!(but in 3dr)
:(

Anonymous
12-11-01, 10:01 PM
what happenned to the 1.3sr engine?

Anonymous
12-11-01, 10:26 PM
Does it knock all the time? Does it do it more in corners? Does it do it on smooth flat roads (if you're lucky enough to have any where you live!)

Could be a worn CV joint if it does it all the time. Could be lots of things though..need more info really ;)

Anonymous
13-11-01, 11:58 AM
(Breeny)The engin bottom half was sold to a mate who killed a piston I have the top half for sale,sr had a car go in the back of it!

Anonymous
13-11-01, 12:01 PM
Well it only does it when I hit a pot hole or bump in the road!Not all the time.Is fine when I go home on the nice smooth roads of MK,Oh but does when I hit a speed ramp at more than 10mph not that,that ever happends with the car being soooo low with the two spiltters on the front and back!
:-/