PDA

View Full Version : You dig?

L14MNP
15-03-07, 03:15 PM
Not a Nova, but hella rare and very sweet. My mate purchased this little gem yesterday. We travelled down from NE England to Anglesy in Wales for her, worthwhile though :D
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v245/Con2K/Fiesta%20Mk1%20XR2/XR2b.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v245/Con2K/Fiesta%20Mk1%20XR2/fez5.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v245/Con2K/Fiesta%20Mk1%20XR2/fez4.jpg
Has a Vulcan crossflow motor bored out to 1640cc with T40's, ARP bottom end, rebuilt 4 sp. 'box, Kent cam, Ashleyfull system etc underside all waxoiled - not sure on total spec yet!
Inside has an OMP 6 pt. bolt in cage, and is all stripped and panelled out with ali sheeting, used to be a track car, with Monacos and 4 pt. harnesses etc. unsure on suspension as of yet, I did spy red shocks though lol awaiting the transporter bringing her back on Friday :D
Plans are to get her through an MOT (expired in Sep '06)
It has a small hole in the O/S inner wing, and TBH that seems about all, very very solid - much more so than any Nova's I've ever seen on their original panels and paintwork! Plus it's the same age as me, 24 lol
The previous owner said it was off the clock at 140 and still pulled, so it seems quite flighty! And those Vulcan prep'd motors are supposed to be awesome in their own right, anyone know much on them? Yes he is on xr2 forums, but I thought I'd show you lot also :D

Any / all comments welcome :)

craig green
15-03-07, 03:22 PM
nice retro old skool motor.

When I was about 10yrs old I liked these. Good to see it looking in a good state.

L14MNP
15-03-07, 03:29 PM
Cheers dude! It's very good cond. Craig, you can still see the flake in the paint - never even knew they were metallic at that age lol
Took it for a little blast, sounds like an animal :D but has a nice stealth idle, perfect for wasting Paxos at the lights we hope!
Just needs a tiny water leak sorting out - looks like the bottom corner of the rad. and the fuel hose needs replacing as it is weeping.
We were just discussing, there is never any MK1 Fiestas around this way, I seen a Supersport about 3 years ago, but TBH that's about it, is it the same in other areas? Can't see there being many left at all now?

wisewood
15-03-07, 03:43 PM
we've got a fiesta of a similar age in our family, metallic blue and metallic silver two tone bodywork. Gorgeous - with a whopping 1.0 litre engine that just loves to be revved to errrr... about 2k rpm lol Its actually a limited, limited edition. The whole line of limited editions came off but they ran out of 1.3 engines, so they packed out a few of them with 1.0 instead, leaving the 1.3 badge on the back. Awesome.

L14MNP
15-03-07, 03:46 PM
lol

Sell it to me, sounds like a dream!

craig green
15-03-07, 03:54 PM
Wisewood. Thats some cool Fiesta trivia there...

I actually clapped eyes on a Supersport the other day, was a white one & looking quite good IIRC. My Mums brother (not uncle, I hate him) has a mk1 XR2 he's had from new & it is MINT. Its a total time warp when you see it, he's usually wearing some dodgy 80's jumper so he carries off the look to a Tee.
That'll eat VTRs no worries. My Nova TD will have my GF's.

L14MNP
15-03-07, 04:43 PM
Yeah Ford shouldn't have been allowed to do that kind of thing!

Craig, that XR2 and it's owner sound great - a perfect pair lol
I heart the retro T40/45 look, I need me another Nova with the rare ass early snowplough SR bumper and a tailgate from the same era! - No chance :S

stuartp
15-03-07, 05:23 PM
old school cars rock!

draper
15-03-07, 06:12 PM
i saw one of these locally today, was completly standard outside (and mint) but stripped and caged inside, nearly broke my neck getting a better view lol