PDA

View Full Version : Valver parts -David P?

Anonymous
12-11-01, 10:45 AM
Still unsure about whose engine I want ...thinking hard believe me... I didnt even sleep last night!!

Engine, ECU, filter, loom aside ...what other bits would I need, and how much roughly do they cost? & how much can you get them for?

Driveshafts?
Clutch?
F20 box?
Will I need engine mounts?

getting the kit from Harry Hockley to weld.

The fuel tank and stuff will remain the same as my GSi one, won't it?

Cheers mate.
you're alright, you are!

Anonymous
12-11-01, 11:46 AM
You need driveshafts, get them from Just Novas, ?220 brand new, not cut and shut either, guaranteed up to 200bhp.

Clutch will be fine, gearbox will come with the engine. Yes you will need 1 engnie mount, you can mix and match with your nova ones. Don't buy an engine mount kit trust me, ask my brother what he reckons on his !!!! You need an adapter kit from Novatech ?40 to lower the engine by 40 mm on the left hand engine mount.
thats it.

yes your GSI tank and fuel lines will be more than adequate.

If your not sure, pop round and have a look at my brothers 16v or in principal my 8v is virtually the same.

go for it, you wont look back !!!

Anonymous
12-11-01, 11:49 AM
Exhaust (the one that catches me out)

yes ur fuel tank+pump will b fine

Anonymous
12-11-01, 12:20 PM
Cheers;

I know somebody selling a pair of driveshafts for ?130 (2nd hand), outter CV joint, or whatever he said...

Novatech are rip offs! whenever I ask them a question he quotes me ridiculous prices!
But basically, for engine mounts:
I need a left handside engine mount,
a lowering adapter to use on this mount,
and just all the existing mounts that I have in the Nova for GSi engine?

Anonymous
12-11-01, 12:32 PM
I think you can just use the Nova mount, I'll ask my brother tonight. I didn't buy any mounts to do my 2.0l I just used the Nova ones. The adapter thing just loweres the engine by about 40mm on the left hand side mount, (the one by the timing belt). If you pop round I'll show you what I mean.

I'd personally get the shafts from Just Nova's. They come with a guarantee that if your running less than 200bhp, if they snap, he'll replace them free of charge. (thats how sure he is they won't break. My brothers been running them for 6 months with no probs and Ive just fitted em to mine. They come with new CV's inner and outers.

give him a call 01159 461105

Anonymous
12-11-01, 02:36 PM
I just ordered the strenthening kit from Harry Hockley Motorsport, 12 plates in total for ?76.57. :D

Novatech only do 8 for ?85.

But HH-MS didnt know much about engine conversions cos they do the normal Novas for rallying. So I will get the other engine mount & adapter from Novatech.

Its happening ..I'm gonna do the conversion!
(still havent decided which engine though.. :(
do I go for a lower mileage engine in real good nick, or one that has done a little more and do that one up... working out the costs etc for each, and the hassle)