PDA

View Full Version : MK2 DASH-MK1 NOVA

Anonymous
11-11-01, 07:48 PM
I am considering purchasing a mk2 dash for my 1.2 merit,this will eventually allow me to fit a digi dash easily,and will make the inside alot more modern,is the dash a simple swap?-I know I would need to reinstall a rear wash/wipe facility,but does the vents line up?-what about the switches and the contacts?-are they the same as the mk1?-I know of a few mk2s with completer interiors at my breakers you see...please help

I want some 15"s!

Anonymous
11-11-01, 08:49 PM
you need to take all the plugs of the mk2 dash and solder onto the mk1 loom. plenty of guides to explain how but mostly swap colour for colour. You will also need the heater control rods and all the vent tubes. it will fit on the original heater matrix. you may need to extend the stereo plugs, the hazard switch wires and you will need to run two wires from the indicators up to the digidash. apart from that it will bolt straight in. Oh you will have to change the centre console aswell. i changed mine yesterday and fitted a digidash. i have a cmplete one 4 sale if you are interested!

Perofrmance Car Audio - http://customize.9f.com

Anonymous
11-11-01, 09:08 PM
Or just cut the old center console to fit if you can't get hold of a mk2 one.

Anonymous
11-11-01, 09:14 PM
I'm going to get a MKII dash for the GTE.....eventually!