PDA

View Full Version : GearKnobs

coochiSR
13-03-07, 07:46 PM
Mines a standard one, do they just pull off???

ive_had_a_novadose
13-03-07, 07:51 PM
yea im prety sure they do i was asking my mate that was in my car once and he just said lets try so he twisted and pulled and it come off but it was stuck on prety tight

Dave.
13-03-07, 07:54 PM
they do come off, but theyre a barstool to get off, i used a hack saw to cut mine off, theres a piece of metal that i had to grind through, thye do come off but theyre hard

week later i decided i wanted my normal 1 back as my other 1 looked gay, all i could find was a 5 speed one lol

Asa-James
13-03-07, 08:17 PM
grip it hard and twist, when it starts turning, pull it off

sound like a night out in stoke...

NovaKen
13-03-07, 10:10 PM
Never done it in mine, but apparently if you lift the rubber cover at the bottom you can get to nuts that remove the stick. Then the top comes off easier if you submerge it in hot water.

Stanley
13-03-07, 10:21 PM
Haynes manual tells you how to remove the lever.

Then submerge it in hot water till it softens the glue and it will come off easy!:thumb:

Jack
13-03-07, 10:46 PM
Hacksaw it off, the nova gear lever is stupidly long by standard and needs cutting down lol

week later i decided i wanted my normal 1 back as my other 1 looked gay, all i could find was a 5 speed one lol
I offered you a 4speed one :p

Nova_Tek
17-03-07, 09:26 PM
I offered you a 4speed one :p

Its not a brown/black coloured gearknob is it?

Im looking for a Brown/Black standard 4 speed gear knob as my one has split due to it being pulled off many times.

After a drive the knob ends up upside down :)

dannyb
18-03-07, 10:45 AM
Every time I've tried twisting them (in the scrapper) I've just managed to tear the gear knob, with the shiny-ish outside bit splitting off.
I hacksawed mine off and unfortunately, had to fit an aftermarket gearknob, (bought off a local gearknob for ?2!)