PDA

View Full Version : Springs and Shocks

robb
13-03-07, 04:49 PM
Hi,

I have a set of -60 shocks and srpings on a new GSi I have bought, to be honest it's a sh*te ride quality and handling is poor.

I have a set of -40 springs and shocks but one shock is bent from a little accident I had, is it possible to put the springs on the -60 shocks (assuming the -60 shocks are actually shorter than -40 shocks, how to tell?) and regain control of my car??

Thanks

Robb

P.S. If the shocks are of different length then anyone wanting to swap -40 for my -60's is most welcome!

Also front rad hose needed, mine is about to explode!?

bump
13-03-07, 05:18 PM
As a guess it would handle rougher than a badger trying to dance the fandango.

ive_had_a_novadose
13-03-07, 05:28 PM
lmao thats a nice way to put it mate very well described lol

lee coley
13-03-07, 05:29 PM
The shocks will be made to use with any springs,its the springs that give you the drop.dont use the ****ed shocker it will be no good.

Id like to see a badger dancing the fandango.

robb
21-03-07, 09:47 AM
Thanks Yoza, will be putting -40 springs on soon then!

So why would it handle worse than a badger dancing the fandango, I am trying to get better ride quality and better handling.

craig green
21-03-07, 10:02 AM
I am trying to get better ride quality and better handling.

Dont use cheap quality boy racer products then! Most -60mm springs are soft as shoite & purely intended for people that sit in car parks or just like to stare at there car in shop windows, as they pass.

It amazes me that people cant see through all the cheap tat that litters the likes of ebay promising 'uprated ride control' & suchlike or 15bhp mods for fuel injection cars, at the 'buy it now' price of ?1.50 + get one free! (who wants 1, let alone 2?)

Its all rubbish. Sorry.

Put a decent well recommended suspension setup on the car. Buy some KONIs or summat.

Sirnixalot
21-03-07, 10:04 AM
the 40mm springs on the 60mm shocks wouldnt handle like ****
i bet if you compared the shock body and shaft length (ooers lol ) there wouldnt be any if at all a difference

that being said if they are no good to begin with then.....

Jim Mcrae
21-03-07, 02:04 PM
Steer clear of GMAX!! I have heard good things about Koni and Blisten.
I have Apex (i think) -60 springs and shocks, secondhand off ebay. The ride is hard, cd skips sometimes if your giving it the beans, but the handeling is spot on, the grip is brill, as long as you aint on 13" remolds or something stupid, hardly any body roll either. only ever lost control once, and that was because the tyres were down to the steel in the wet as i didnt get the tracing done. I had no idea till i looked, seemed fine unless you looked close!!