PDA

View Full Version : Constant Live

Glengy
12-03-07, 08:03 PM
Hey everyone.

Im in the middle of putting in a direct to battery constant live. Only thing is im not sure which wire on the ISO plug to connect to.

I have searched and some people have said its the black wire and some the red.

On a nova ISO block which is it red or black?

Cheers for any help

Glenn

liam_ere
12-03-07, 08:07 PM
i think its the red buddy but im not too sure

london_chris
12-03-07, 08:49 PM
i know that the black wire is either constant or ignition and NOT earth as in most other cars

Driver
13-03-07, 12:30 AM
red is constant,black is ignition

burgo
13-03-07, 01:12 AM
and to really confuse you on most stereo wiring plugs black is earth, red is ignition and yellow is permenent lol but as already said black on a nova is ignition and red permenent

Glengy
13-03-07, 05:54 PM
cheers for that guys.

Now i can own up i cut the red wire before asking this so it wasnt really a question i was just hoping you would say red lol

Cheers Glenn

Jon_nova1
13-03-07, 08:49 PM
lol you mean you did something, then asked later hoping it was right?? i think the standard stereo has an earth going directly from the head unit to the bulkhead

Novadex
14-03-07, 07:23 AM
Just put it straight into the back of the head unit! you will find its red or yellow and it changes on different head units, try both. One will be constant and the other will be the ignition feed...

Glengy
14-03-07, 06:29 PM
lol you mean you did something, then asked later hoping it was right?? i think the standard stereo has an earth going directly from the head unit to the bulkhead

No mate i read some threads on here saying that it was red so i went off and did it but when i got my new iso block through the post it said it was the black wire. :tard: so i was just making sure :D