PDA

View Full Version : F*"?$%^ car

Anonymous
03-11-01, 11:39 PM
ok my cars got saturday night fever lol wait for all the disco gags.

neway driving along at 60mph last saturday power just dies completely from car. down through gears foot to floor yet car dies, then stalls. start up again foot to floor in every gear power delivery aint there, car just trundles along then after 5k revs power returns fully.
exhaust dont have a note to it when this happens, it just sounds like car is idling, that make sense??
so did nothing all thru week car was fine, until tonight

and tonight driving along at 60mph power dies again, exhaust sounds real ruff. the car is also very jerky when i take foot off accelaraator at any speed.

wtf is up with my car???

pls help cos i need car for work at 82morrow morning and well it should be interesting.

thanks

dave

Anonymous
03-11-01, 11:42 PM
oh forgot to say, roads are dry up here and ht leads seem fine as well as rotor arm dizzy and plugs.

its was soaking last night but car drove fine, just didnt start well.

Anonymous
04-11-01, 09:24 AM
that usedto appen to me, the one day it just died out. found ut it was the dizzy wat car is it m8?

Anonymous
04-11-01, 06:59 PM
13sr f reg ignition, dizzy etc.. and manifolds with engine block from g reg 14 astra.

Anonymous
05-11-01, 05:21 PM
it does sound like carb icing mate

do the checks i told u next time it happens and see what happens

Micky@novaload.net :)

Anonymous
06-11-01, 07:41 PM
did the checks, took off lead one at a time, no change, just sounded like running on 3cylinders.
ive ruled out carb freezing cos its happnin whenever i take it out now. it happened at 3 0'clock today and it was the worst its ever been. when it happens the idle speed falls to 500 revs, when the cars running healthy the car idles at 900revs. neother ideas? sound like dizzy has packed in/timing has slipped big time??
its going in garage 2morrow so i might have a clue wots up with it soon.

Anonymous
06-11-01, 07:59 PM
by no change i mean car sounded like it was running on 3cylinders with 3 ht leads on, and 4 cylinders with all the leads on.

Anonymous
06-11-01, 08:40 PM
dave my SR just had similar problems until the car completely sacked itself miles from home. I assumed I'd put shady fuel in and the carb was blocked but alas, no. took the dizzy off and it was a 'dog drive' that had gone. theres 2 of the small plastic fellas in the dizzy, when the first one snaps it throws the timing back, hence loss of power and general shite driving, when the second one goes you've got no spark and ur knackered. i'd have a look m8

B-) Streakers beware: Your end is in sight B-)

Anonymous
06-11-01, 08:52 PM
i did not tell u to take off ht leads :-/

once again dave hay totally does the other thing, to what i actually tell him to do :p

lol

u sure u havent put metz in the tank again?

Micky@novaload.net :)

Anonymous
07-11-01, 06:48 PM
cars fooked im telling ya it aint carb freezing.

i tink dizzys fooked cos exhaust pops when i floor it and release accelerator and theres a flat spot between 4-5k revs