PDA

View Full Version : private pay out.

JSeymour
12-03-07, 05:03 PM
someones hit my rear bumper(its sratched and has a slite dent) and sratched the paint on the rear Q.

ive been quoted ?200 by a body shop who i know and that i want to go with. there going to spray the bumper a different colour for me.(same cost as standard. so no harm to any one)

Mr X wants me to go to another bodyshop to get the work done. where itl be put back to standard again(even though its changing v.soon)

whos it up to?

should i just go through it with the insurance company if hes gunna be a biatch about it?

thanks john

lee coley
12-03-07, 05:08 PM
its up 2 u,not him,if he starts acting like a cock just go through his insurance.then he will go with your quote!does he no the body shop that hes wanting you to go to?because hes probly getting it cheap,and cheap jobs arnt good 90% of the time.

yoza

lee coley
12-03-07, 05:10 PM
Also if hes wanting to do a private pay out then hes not got any insurance!!

JSeymour
12-03-07, 05:12 PM
Also if hes wanting to do a private pay out then hes not got any insurance!!

he was in what looked like a company van in work hours so imagine he was insured.

lee coley
12-03-07, 05:17 PM
right, so its the company vehicle insurance that will be paying,if i was him id let the company pay for it,just find out who is going to be repairing it and ask them to do it the colour you want,thats if they dont total loss it!

JSeymour
12-03-07, 06:38 PM
ok spoke to the geezer tonight... he said he wants his body panel beater friend to do it.

i said tbh mate i dont want a cheap half **** job. you pay the body shop outa your pocket or we go through insurance.

he didnt like that and said 'whos to say i even hit your car?'

i was like wtf!

then he put the phone down and i cant get hold of him!

draper
12-03-07, 06:43 PM
did you get a reg plate ?? report it to the police

JSeymour
12-03-07, 06:46 PM
did you get a reg plate ?? report it to the police

i have his reg plate. if i get the police involved and still nothing comes of it i cant exactly do anything about it, if you get what i mean;)

ANDYRACER
12-03-07, 06:50 PM
Id personally ring your local police station or go in and see them tonight and get it on file.

Also get some pics of the damage to your car. :thumb:

draper
12-03-07, 06:50 PM
rule 1. always have an alibi of where your were and who you were with ;)

also if you report it and he doesnt he'll get done for "failure to report an accident within 24hrs"

Jack
12-03-07, 07:30 PM
Id personally ring your local police station or go in and see them tonight and get it on file.

Also get some pics of the damage to your car. :thumb:
ALWAYS take pictures of the vehicles involved, including number plates, before they've been moved if possible. That way the other party can't make excuses, or make up stuff. Taking pictures of the damage now won't be of any use as they could have happened after the incident occurred.

You should have rang the plod asap, as the failing to report an accident thing could go against you as well as him.

Are there any independent witnesses? Passengers in either of the vehicles involved don't count as independent. If all you have is his number plate, you'll have a hard time trying to prove he was involved, even if there is damage to his vehicle.

Is your bumper non standard? I'm assuming your insurance policy lists it.

JSeymour
12-03-07, 11:12 PM
its my new nova. 100% standard*. even though the damage was minor its still there and costing about ?200 to put right.

theres no witnesses, i was parked up on my private driveway(which backs right up against the road where people always park) when he hit me.
i was sitting in the car doing the dash swap(i know*) which was pretty lucky tbh as he went to drive off.
i jumped out and told him to pull up.

we didnt swap insurance details only address and numbers as he wanted to pay out privately.

now im stuck!

burgo
13-03-07, 01:09 AM
ring the police and get it reported and give them the reg so they can fone his company andget the details for you. on him trying to say it wernt him that happened to my bother when a lorry hit his mr2, however i managed to get this pic of abit of his tail light on his back bumper bit so he soon shut up

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/sclurgess/DSCN1398-1.jpg?t=1173748159

always always remember to take pics of your and there car as soon as it happens no exceptions

Jon_nova1
15-03-07, 10:45 PM
do you have his address? or know where the van is? find it and take pictures, then contact him and say you have photos of both damaged cars and an independant witness...just for show lol if he still doesn't want to play your game tell him you'll report it to the police and insurance, as required, if he still doesn't then report it and hope for the best, other than that, you an't do much