PDA

View Full Version : rear strut brace fitting

kronk10
11-03-07, 10:41 PM
Hi i got a strut brace from phill sutton (wicked guy even dropped it off for me:thumb::thumb:). Having trouble fitting it!! my rear suspension is a bugger to come off when tightening or un-tightening the bolts on top of the shocks move the actual shock with it. So i have to grab the top of the shock with a mole grip or pliers then undoe the bolt. I got one bolt off but the other will not come off:confused: do i jack the car up so the wheels lose or what please help. Was gonna ask phill himself but looked at his latest thread and hes got to much on his plate at the mo:eek::eek:

Philsutton
11-03-07, 10:56 PM
well its very easy with an air gun, they just come straight off. Failing that its the ol mole grip an spanner trick which isnt much fun to be honest. If you still struggling pop down an i might be able to quickly get them off.

kronk10
11-03-07, 11:03 PM
well its very easy with an air gun, they just come straight off. Failing that its the ol mole grip an spanner trick which isnt much fun to be honest. If you still struggling pop down an i might be able to quickly get them off.

Thanks phill dont really wanna bother you plus iam back at work so if i cant do it i will pop down might give it a go tomoz evening:thumb:

Adam
12-03-07, 12:21 AM
Grip the flat bit of the damper piston with a small spanner/grips.
Then turn the maint nut.