PDA

View Full Version : Good luck Alex

bump
11-03-07, 04:58 PM
I see you have an important impending date.

Good luck. :thumb:

Jack
11-03-07, 09:20 PM
Nothing to do with me before people get ideas lol

Alex.
12-03-07, 06:34 AM
Oh god don't!
I'll just make you all disappointed if I flail AGAIN
:(
I just let my nerves get in the way.

Matt2107
12-03-07, 09:54 AM
When you pass... will the polo make an appearance at the next Cheltenham meet?

Alex.
12-03-07, 12:26 PM
Failed again kids. I give up now officially.
Booked it for my lucky day.
Matt: You'd be disappointed if the Polo turned up and the Faff didn't!

bump
12-03-07, 12:34 PM
Sorry to hear it.
Don't worry chuck, you'll get there. Conquering the nerves is the hardest part.

Lois passed after her 4th or 5th time, now she just likes driving into things, like the house!

Alex.
12-03-07, 12:44 PM
Well today I nearly bumped into the back end of a van that was parked far to close to the junction. I pulled into a road on the right, and a Spider Alfa was on it's way up, so straight away I pulled over up behind this van. Spider went passed, I looked behind me to make sure nobody was gonna drive past me whilst they drove into the turning. But as I eased my foot very slowly off the brake, my examiner failed her arms and told me if I carried on I'd hit the bumper of the van. Which tbh I don't think I would have. So...I got a dangerous...but Gary (driving instructor) said that was a bit harsh as no person was involved and it wasn't that dangerous, so it should have just been a serious. But the annoying thing is, is that a girl up my road, took her test once, and got 3 minors. You get into the car with her now and you count your remaining minutes you know? She's not safe! Yet I can drive...do my manouvers and all that jazz, I just don't have any luck. But I'm getting used to conquering the nerves. :)

Adam
12-03-07, 12:46 PM
Better luck next time :)

Matt2107
12-03-07, 01:42 PM
That sucks Alex. Unlucky.

I bet if you'd have waited they'd have failed you for being too cautious.

craig green
12-03-07, 02:43 PM
Bummer!

try another testing station. Where are you taking your tests? Taunton/ Weston?

Novadex
12-03-07, 03:35 PM
unlucky, i thought i failed my test as soon as i pulled out, so i wasnt to botherd about the rest of the test. But to my suprise i passed. aparently because i thought i failed, my nervs had gone away. lol I think you just need to relax and think of it as a lesson rather then a test... better luck next time!

bump
12-03-07, 03:59 PM
unlucky, i thought i failed my test as soon as i pulled out, so i wasnt to botherd about the rest of the test. But to my suprise i passed. aparently because i thought i failed, my nervs had gone away. lol I think you just need to relax and think of it as a lesson rather then a test... better luck next time!

I did exactly the same thing. Apparently it was impossible to pull out of the test centre car park without dropping off the kerb, and my instructor never told anyone about it for that reason.

Not a fail as such but made you feel that you'd blown it.

Iain
12-03-07, 04:12 PM
I did exactly the same thing. Apparently it was impossible to pull out of the test centre car park without dropping off the kerb, and my instructor never told anyone about it for that reason.

It really does help actually. I hit the curb on my parallel park, got angry and drove knowing I had failed (not really caring) for the rest of the test and the parking was my only fault.

The tester can do a lot to calm your nerves too. The second guy I had was well laid back, was wearing shades and everything, and was a really sound guy. Didn't feel nervous and passed easily.

Jack
12-03-07, 05:36 PM
But the annoying thing is, is that a girl up my road, took her test once, and got 3 minors. You get into the car with her now and you count your remaining minutes you know? She's not safe! Yet I can drive...do my manouvers and all that jazz, I just don't have any luck.
I could say the same about you on some occasions :p

tbh I was watching your driving on Sunday, hence why I wanted you to drive... you drive like a lemon when you're flustered lol

Martin
12-03-07, 06:02 PM
Well today I nearly bumped into the back end of a van that was parked far to close to the junction. I pulled into a road on the right, and a Spider Alfa was on it's way up, so straight away I pulled over up behind this van. Spider went passed, I looked behind me to make sure nobody was gonna drive past me whilst they drove into the turning. But as I eased my foot very slowly off the brake, my examiner failed her arms and told me if I carried on I'd hit the bumper of the van. Which tbh I don't think I would have. So...I got a dangerous...but Gary (driving instructor) said that was a bit harsh as no person was involved and it wasn't that dangerous, so it should have just been a serious. But the annoying thing is, is that a girl up my road, took her test once, and got 3 minors. You get into the car with her now and you count your remaining minutes you know? She's not safe! Yet I can drive...do my manouvers and all that jazz, I just don't have any luck. But I'm getting used to conquering the nerves. :)

Join the club.. happend to meon my 2nd test

you'l get there dotn worry

draper
12-03-07, 06:28 PM
unlucky alex, wear a lower cut top next time ;)

Alex.
12-03-07, 07:04 PM
I own nothing but low cut tops.
I do flail when I panic. Cuz I think oh I've fcuked up what can I do...oh I'm holding everyone up! AHHHHH!
But in my driving instructors car, it's far more behaved then my car which when I change down has a habit of stalling so I just take my foot off the clutch and jump start it! Not good for it but hey ho!

Jack
12-03-07, 07:51 PM
my car which when I change down has a habit of stalling
Not since Richard sorted the timing :p

Alex.
12-03-07, 08:08 PM
Nope....did it loads earlier when I drove it into Bridgwater. Every time I changed it down to 3rd or 2nd it stalled.