PDA

View Full Version : superflex bushes

Anonymous
04-11-01, 08:32 PM
ye or ney:-/ wat do u lot fink, cause im thinkin of buyin sum, if so how do they improve the handling etc. wat would be the best bits to buy or do they just do a full kit. How much are they and how easy r they to fit, any relevnt comments would be helpfull cheers boys oh must not forget and girls p.s the cars a 1.3sr

Anonymous
04-11-01, 08:40 PM
I have fitted poly bushes to my Nova Sport, expect to pay about ?100 for a decent set, but I know u can buy cheaper. To fit urself is pretty easy, take to cutting the old ones out rather then hammering them out alot easier. the only tricky ones are the rear bushes because when u release the old bushes the suspension will drop u need to ideally be on a 4 poster ramp to do this job.

Nova Sports never die they just keep getting rarer

Anonymous
04-11-01, 09:38 PM
does it handle alot better cause if its not noticable theres no point in them really is there

Anonymous
04-11-01, 09:59 PM
I've fitted poly bushes to mine... what I would say about then is that they DO give the chassis a more positive feel. There's no point in spending ?500 on a Koni suspension kit and then lose 'tightness' through worn bushes.

Go for them if you are serious about handling, but don't expect a major difference

Dec

Anonymous
05-11-01, 05:33 PM
why not just replace your bushes with standerd ones?, just about every nova out there needs new bushes by now
i did the front ov my white nova and the diffrence was amazing and it only cost me about ?35 from the local motor factors

Micky@novaload.net :)

Anonymous
05-11-01, 07:34 PM
Superflex bushes, for the whole kit, 3 bits for the front, and 1 for the back (cant remember the names off hand), cost ?130 for a GSi.
I am DEFO getting some!

Anonymous
05-11-01, 10:09 PM
U won't notice much difference if u are fitting them alongside other performance parts ie Konis or strut brace. But U will if ur old ones are wank.

Nova Sports never die they just keep getting rarer

Anonymous
05-11-01, 10:11 PM
I fitted powerflex ones which are in 2 bits which make them a piece of piss to fit compared to the original push thru' sorts which can be real twats.
Whether they are worth the price premium over new std ones is debatable. I would agree with what Dec says.

Anonymous
06-11-01, 08:43 AM
i fitted powerflex ones on to my van and it sorted out camber probs :D cause the std ones were totaly fucked :p

16v Nova - Toolkit, Trouble, Points and great expence all come as standard :)

e reg shell almost gone!!

Anonymous
06-11-01, 03:36 PM
bacially i want the whole lot cause my cars a c-reg and not sure when they were last changed if, they even have been changed so wat do i ask for to replace the whole lot? just a full kit of bushes for front and rear:-/