PDA

View Full Version : old idle probs.

Anonymous
02-11-01, 10:00 AM
ok this ere is a problem I have had 4 ages. When I pull up at lights and put the car in neutral and the revs shoot up to 2000. I have to hammer the revs up to 3000 to get it to come down to 1000. This happens everytime I go into neutral in the mornings and sometimes just when the car has been stood for a while. It happens mainly in the morning once the car has run in for about 10 mins. My mechanic said it was the carb (its a mk2 1.4 sr). So he supposedly replaced that but the look on his face when he gave me the kets back didnt exactly fill me with confidence. For a couple of days it was ok , still doing it abit but not much. Now its nearly as bad as it was. I havent paid him for it yet and I'm not gonna till he sorts it. I hate going there though cos they never sort out my shiznit!

Has anyone else had this prob ? its pissing me off cos I am having to rev my engine at the lights all the time (even when driving next to nuns!) so its a bit embarrasing cos peeps be thinkin I want to race.

cheers in advance :)

Anonymous
02-11-01, 11:45 AM
I had the same problem with mine, it would either do what your does or just die when pulling up to the traffic lights/juctions. What Carb have you got Blondie? if its one of those nasty Pierburg things, then theres a good chance that is your problem, if you can afford to, just bin it and get a weber.

Good luck mate,

Ben :D

Anonymous
02-11-01, 12:01 PM
the carb is stansard as far as I know.

Anonymous
02-11-01, 12:09 PM
standard that is

Anonymous
02-11-01, 12:16 PM
Try and get a weber mate, im sure that will do it.. post a wanted ad and see what happens, im sure someone's got one somewhere.. Dont know what to do about the garage though, maybe you can come to some sort of arrangement with them?

Ben.

Anonymous
02-11-01, 12:23 PM
I may well have to arrange my foot in his ass! cheers cheese fella , I'll look out for one

Anonymous
02-11-01, 12:23 PM
I may well have to arrange my foot in his ass. Cheers cheese fella i'll look out for one.

Anonymous
06-11-01, 12:13 PM
Would this be the same for a 1.2 with Pierburg carb as mine over runs now even after only coming bk from a tune up a month ago,plus dies in morning&when getting up at lights, where can u get a weber carb from anyone
B-)