PDA

View Full Version : Need help with my Nova GTE (Several Issues)

DeepSnoozer
09-03-07, 07:03 PM
hello guys and girls
So as i know i'm a new member and i finally have my Nova GTE (Corsa A GSI MK1 in portugal) with me.
I'm the proud owner of a Calibra 16v and a Calibra Killer, Nova GTE, (yes i was completly destroied by my own car by my mechanic when i got him).
The car is in pretty bad shape but it was cheap for Portuguese Standarts (arround ?400).
It doesnt have the airbox but instead has a conic air induction filter.

Also when i press my gas pedal the car wont cut off, the needle will jump OVER 8000RPM, it' insane!!!!
Now for the problems:

- Where's the Temperature Gaudge Sensor located at? my Temperature isnt rising on my Gaudge.

- in Idle, my car shakes a bit, also i can hear 1 valve tapping , doesnt sound too sevear i dont know if that car has hidraulic tappets i could try changhing oil.

- In idle (again) the rpm needle wont stop in a place it's shaking like if it has alhzimer

- The oil Gaudge is off the scale! literaly

For now it's only this issues i want to solve.
Cheers
Dan

DeepSnoozer
11-03-07, 12:00 AM
please?

Lee-1984
11-03-07, 12:07 AM
- The oil Gaudge is off the scale! literaly

i had this problem with 1 of mine, changed the clocks and it was fine after that

Lee-1984
11-03-07, 12:09 AM
- In idle (again) the rpm needle wont stop in a place it's shaking like if it has alhzimer

1 of the vacuum hose's have got a hole in most prob in the t-piece on the inj unit

Geth
11-03-07, 01:01 AM
The fact that you can here a valve tapping and the oil pressure gauge is off the scale could well be related. It is possible that what you can hear is top end running dry because of a blockage in the oil system.

DeepSnoozer
11-03-07, 01:18 AM
i changed oil nothing happened, the oil gauge shakes as well, i'll check the vacum system as well, replace it if i have to, i only hear 1 valve and i dont know if it's a valve someone told me that the injectors make that noise as well..
tic tic tic tic

Lee-1984
11-03-07, 01:24 AM
the injectors could need a clean, its worth doin, put another set of dash clocks in see if it still shakes then, as it is poss the clocks are fcuked

DeepSnoozer
11-03-07, 01:32 AM
i see, yeah i'll see a new set of dials for that :) is it possible that the needle goes over 8000rpm????????
The car doenst cut off i tried.
Also, a quickie question, how do i reset my gear linkage? i cant put 5th gear on it as my gear linkage is pretty worn out. :(

Jon_nova1
11-03-07, 02:25 PM
it sounds like it could be an inlet manifold air leak, or the fuel mixture could be wrong, is the car going to 8000rpm or just the needle?

to get it in fifth, if you push the gearstick down (like when you reverse) you can get it into fifth when pushing it downwards then putting it in the fifth gear position

Adam
11-03-07, 02:58 PM
Guage off the scale just sounds like the 2nd wire has come off the oil pressure sender(bolted into back of oil pump)

The sender for the dash temp is on the inlet, to the left of the first runner.

lee coley
11-03-07, 03:01 PM
Deep Snoozer whats happened to the calibra?

DeepSnoozer
11-03-07, 11:01 PM
Deep Snoozer whats happened to the calibra?
still have it :)

DeepSnoozer
11-03-07, 11:03 PM
Guage off the scale just sounds like the 2nd wire has come off the oil pressure sender(bolted into back of oil pump)

The sender for the dash temp is on the inlet, to the left of the first runner.
alright so that makes sence i was treating the leaks on the intake stuff and i probably took a wire out or something, is that on the manifold or attatched to the engine?
As for the oil pump what's the best way to reach it? from above or beneath the car?
Cheers
Dan

Adam
12-03-07, 12:28 AM
Underneath or through under the drivers inner wing.