PDA

View Full Version : Not a Nova - Saxo wheel clicking

dannyb
09-03-07, 06:01 PM
I drove a friends standard 1.1 Saxo, she reported a clicking coming from the front. The clicks increse with wheel speed, but the noise stops when the brakes are applied. She's just had new tyres, pads and discs put on and there is a wheel weight on the inside of the steelie. Could the weight (it looks about 25g) be fouling on the caliper?? Its not the driveshaft packing up if the clicking stops when the brakes are applied is it? Anyone come across this before?
I didn't have any tools/jack with me to check properly as it was getting dark!

Welsh Dan
09-03-07, 06:25 PM
Could well be what you think it is yeah. Whip the wheel off and have a look at the edge of the caliper and the weight.

staggy_gsi
09-03-07, 06:47 PM
my moneys on the driveshaft mate. ive seen it on loads of saxos/106sand they sometimes do stop clicking when the brake is applied or you are decellerating as the shafts are not under load. as the problem develops it will probably do it all the time though....

Welsh Dan
09-03-07, 11:52 PM
Is it worse at full lock?

Driver
10-03-07, 12:45 AM
ive not read it but i can answer your question outright

its french

Dar
10-03-07, 09:59 AM
ive not read it but i can answer your question outright

its french
BottleThroddy's fan club is here:roll:

I could be a CV on it's way out (Im guess thats what your calling the driveshaft). I wouldn't have thought if was the wheel weight catching on the caliper. But deffo worth checking for marks. Whilst the wheel is in the air, spin the wheel and see if you can hear/spot the problem. Good luck:thumb:

dannyb
10-03-07, 10:57 AM
Is it worse at full lock?

Yes, I think it was, especially when the side that was ticking was the one under load (e.g a hard left turn)

maccas
10-03-07, 12:22 PM
yep sounds like driveshaft to me, my mates did the same thing, they are a bit annoying because you can only buy the whole shaft, the CV joint is crimped onto the shaft so you can't just buy a new CV joint

Dar
10-03-07, 12:59 PM
yep sounds like driveshaft to me, my mates did the same thing, they are a bit annoying because you can only buy the whole shaft, the CV joint is crimped onto the shaft so you can't just buy a new CV joint

Bugger thats harsh.

Lee
10-03-07, 01:33 PM
Bugger thats typical for a french car.

Agreed :thumb:

Dar
10-03-07, 01:41 PM
Agreed, I am a total loser :thumb:
Now stop mis-quoting me. Tard:tard:

scott.parker
10-03-07, 01:41 PM
That is a real **** idea! :roll:

But i would say if thats the case then thats what it is..

Scott

SRI crazy
12-03-07, 10:41 PM
check that there are no pins or cli[ps or other ****e rubbing on the wheel, it could be a c.v. joint too

spike24
30-03-07, 09:46 PM
hey i had a vtr saxo before my novas and was never finished putting in drive shafts and gearboxes and when the shaft was oo the way out it clicked like mad and stopped when the brakes were on. hope this helps