PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning seats

Matt2107
09-03-07, 10:35 AM
I know we have a few female members who are probably more domestic than the fellas!

I'm picking up an SRI interior tomorrow that is a bit dirty.
Anyone got any cleaning tips for seats?

I have at my disposal... a steam cleaner, and carpet stain removal and a little money to buy any special products :thumb:

dannyb
09-03-07, 11:38 AM
I'm not a girl but I think I may have a solution!!

I got a sheddy interior from the scrapyard, I hoovered it as much as possible when I first got it then used Turtlewax Interior One foam (about ?5 a can) to lift the grime, it works best if you dampen the material first with some warm water. One can should be enough to do 2 seats and the backs and if the weather is as good as it is right now, the whole lot should dry fairly quickly (or bring them inside if it gets dark as you don't want them going damp and having that old people house smell).

If there are any really bad bits, use vanish type stuff on them once they are dry, but test it on an area underneath the seat first, some leave light marks on the material.......

therealnovaboy
09-03-07, 12:02 PM
what i use is this stuf called oxy-clean its quie good you see it on the shopping channels sometimes but you can get it in the shops as well. its like a powder you put in warm water and you get heaps for your money, lifts the grime no bother (im starting to sound like the people they interview that have used it bfore on the tv).

if you can get a lend of a vax maxhine there the dogs dangalies for cleaning car seats, you get your oxy-clean and put it in the warm water and soak the seats give it a rub with your hands. if you scrub too hard with a brush it can pull out too much fluff but youll ken when your doing it. then you just hoover all the dirty water out the seats with the vax. when i did mine i thot my seats werent too bad but when you see the water that comes out its rank.

shampoo works too, im not a house wife either i just asked my mum, shes done some cleaning in her time!

wisewood
09-03-07, 01:22 PM
elbow grease, sweat, and some interior cleaning foam (any will do).

craig green
09-03-07, 01:54 PM
I used a VAX to great effect on some chequed SR seats years back.

Ive had good success removing stains with those moist FLASH type tissue things. (that sounds dodgy) lol

I'd say rent a VAX thing for a few hours tbh.

Matt2107
09-03-07, 01:56 PM
I'd say rent a VAX thing for a few hours tbh.

GET IN! my mom has a Vax.... woot woot.

I can't wait to do some hoovering... while I'm there with the Nova I might even borrow here hair dryer and remove whats left of the merit badge. :thumb:

Novadave06
09-03-07, 02:18 PM
Autoglym , interior cleaner

Driver
09-03-07, 05:35 PM
leather retrim

draper
09-03-07, 05:59 PM
i hid them under a pile of dirty clothes so when pogo put the washing on she washed my interior aswell

Matt2107
12-03-07, 10:12 AM
Action shot of me Vaxing my seats will be posted in my WIP thread tonight.

They came up ok.

puss puss
12-03-07, 11:03 AM
hmmm same with mine tbh very dirty seats looks like oil what would get oil! or grease of my seats as i have seat covers on atm -.-

thanks a lot

wisewood
12-03-07, 11:10 AM
BANG!!! and the dirt is gone.

craig green
12-03-07, 02:52 PM
hmmm same with mine tbh very dirty seats looks like oil what would get oil! or grease of my seats as i have seat covers on atm -.-

thanks a lot

I bought some Jeyes carpet cleaner from ALDI on Saturday. Someone had got oil on our carpet, it worked a treat. Oil has gone. Just mixed it to hot water & rubbed it off, then used a dry cloth to lift away the stain.

?1.49 for the bottle.