PDA

View Full Version : Changing fuel rails

grpArallye
09-03-07, 10:22 AM
Hi,

Have just aqquired a FSE adj fuel pressure regulator but its got the fitting kit for the later C16SE fuel rail (ive got the earlier E16SE rail), I have one of the later fuel rails kicking around on a spare inlet manifold..

They look to be a striaght swap, however, vauxhall are being rubbish about supplying new injector O' rings, obviously the best thing is to change them but not sure if im going to be able to get the parts in time... has anyone done this and experienced any leakage issues?!

Cheers

Sirnixalot
09-03-07, 10:28 AM
motorfactors would have orings to suit wouldnt they?

so long as the orings arent torn onr freyd they should be ok...use some vasaline on them when you put them in the rail:thumb:

Stuart
09-03-07, 10:57 AM
imho DO NOT FIT the FSE regulator. They are "ok" for sorting idle our OR top end, but screw the opposite end up.

grpArallye
09-03-07, 12:12 PM
engine im using is running about 140bhp and the standard injectors are starting to reach their max duty cycle using the standard fpr (im using mappable standalone management), need to get more fuel in and upping the fuel rail pressure is a cheap and easy way to do it without having to shell out on bigger injectors etc....

can see your point about it causing more problems than its worth when using the standard management though stu!

Stuart
09-03-07, 12:49 PM
jsut fit C20XE injectors.. plenty cheap on mig//ebay then get a quick map tweek done.

the FSE's also tend to wander out of setup too as they are just plain toss

craig green
09-03-07, 12:55 PM
I agree dont fit the FSE. If the injectors are maxing out then higher fuel pressure will not help.

If you want higher FP then get a 3 bar Bosch one from a late XE & bolt that on. Have you had the injectors cleaned? That will make a considerable difference to the combustion. My old turbo would fuel a good mixture beyond 160bhp (proven) so I would have them cleaned.

I dont think the injectors have peaked, there are other issues maybe.

Do you run the original fuel pump?

In my experience I couldnt get XE injectors to run on my GSi.

grpArallye
09-03-07, 02:41 PM
using a Bosch Grp A motorsport pump that my brother had kicking about, was going to fit it on his Pulsar, but never got round to it. Can pump enough fuel for a 400bhp 2 litre turbo so that should be okay (overkill perhaps?)

Am going to try cleaning the injectors next as that seems the next obvious choice. have got one of those colour tune kits so if I see a blue flame I know that injectors fueling and burning properly!

Cheers gents will get back after I see if the injectors are causing the probs!

Sirnixalot
09-03-07, 02:56 PM
if you get a good quality reg running them with a base fuel pressure of 4 bar might get you a little more head room but considering what you paid for the fse....i see sets of c20xe injectors going for 10-15 quid all the time?

Adam
09-03-07, 03:21 PM
GRP A 1600's used 20XE injectors, on the 1600 fuel rail.

Dont use the FSE, get a proper solid rate regulator.

craig green
09-03-07, 04:49 PM
Grp A 1600 Novas had a chipped ECU & AFM too. Not to mention high CR Cosworth pistons & wild cam.

I tried XE injectors on my GSi (Siemens) & it wouldnt fire. The Bosch (GTE) system may differ perhaps.

That injector cleaning method sounds odd too, take em off & send them to a proper pulsing & back flow job.